Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Can you please tell me what else there is to do in Glasgow (or Belfast) apart from go to Rangers or Celtic?

You could live in Edinburgh, which is a truly excellent city. Live there and commute to Glasgow for training and games (it's about an hour's drive, I believe). If I had a choice between living in Birmingham or Edinburgh then it would be a simple choice.

Choosing whether to play football in either the SPL or PL, though, is a different matter.

Or you could live just 20 miles or so north in some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK.

Even even go 8 miles north and live in some of the wealthiest parts of the country.

Can you please tell me what else there is to do in Glasgow (or Belfast) apart from go to Rangers or Celtic?

You could live in Edinburgh, which is a truly excellent city. Live there and commute to Glasgow for training and games (it's about an hour's drive, I believe). If I had a choice between living in Birmingham or Edinburgh then it would be a simple choice.

Choosing whether to play football in either the SPL or PL, though, is a different matter.

Or you could live just 20 miles or so north in some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK.

Yay Lichfield

All this could easily be said about Glasgow. We really arent the stand out club here. Whoever he choses, there are positives and negatives.

For instance he is guaranteed trophies at Celtic. I as a villa fan, may never see my club lift another trophy. I would rather win something every year than nothing for decades - no matter what the trophy.

Yay Lichfield

<3

(i was on about Sutton Coldfield)

Here in peace haha, obviously I'm going to say that Celtic is a bigger club but that's not I'm here for so I won't get into that.

Regarding Tonev, not seen him play but heard good things about him but you never know how a player is going to perfom until he is there. Looks like he will end up at Villa, so we'll see what he is made of

• Like 1

Is he an out and out winger then? If so does this signal the end of Albrightons Villa career or are we going to be playing a formation with more width next year?

I would imagine he's coming to add competition for weimman and gabby and allow Lambert to rotate.

Because right now I think if we lose one of those front 3 we've got nothing in reserve.

Oops, I touched a nerve by daring to say that MON is anything but an amazing manager.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132476&page=15

I'm being really reasonable. This is the forum I'm trying to sort the Villa/Celtic friendly with. 

A friendly with Celtic? Dear god no.

Lets just send the money to Stan instead.

But it will be a bigger game for them than anything they will play in the league that season we got to give their fans some kind of entertainment

• Like 1

Is he an out and out winger then? If so does this signal the end of Albrightons Villa career or are we going to be playing a formation with more width next year?

I would imagine he's coming to add competition for weimman and gabby and allow Lambert to rotate.

Because right now I think if we lose one of those front 3 we've got nothing in reserve.

If that is the case Albrigthon surely will be moving on, he just doesn't fit into this system.

If that is the case Albrigthon surely will be moving on, he just doesn't fit into this system.

He doesnt fit the system because he is crap.

Oops, I touched a nerve by daring to say that MON is anything but an amazing manager.

I'm being really reasonable. This is the forum I'm trying to sort the Villa/Celtic friendly with. 

But it will be a bigger game for them than anything they will play in the league that season we got to give their fans some kind of entertainment

Erm, really? Wow.

Erm, really? Wow.

I wouldn't bite. 

Serious question, which game do Celtic fans look forward to most in their season? 

League wise, granted it is quite predictable but there are a few decent teams in Scotland and our home record, at least at the beginning of the campaign, wasn't great. I'd say the games we look forward to most would be the games against Motherwells, Dundee Utd's etc teams that don't sit in and defend but actually try to beat us.

Outwith the league you obviously have the CL in which we look forward to every game even if it is just a qualifier

Here in peace haha, obviously I'm going to say that Celtic is a bigger club but that's not I'm here for so I won't get into that.

Regarding Tonev, not seen him play but heard good things about him but you never know how a player is going to perfom until he is there. Looks like he will end up at Villa, so we'll see what he is made of

Celtic are definitely a bigger club than Villa but they are hamstrung by the SPL which is a dreadful league. Villa are a considerably more attractive proposition for a player coming in from abroad. 

Â