Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

From a guy I know who follows the Polska Liga:

"Amazing youngster. Best characteristic of him is a stupidly powerful shot. His dribbling is pretty good, and is finishing is all right, but when you let him take a shot, every one is an absolute rocket."

However he also told me that he doesn't think he's at Premier League level yet.

Edited by Farlz

From a guy who follows the Polska Liga:

"Amazing youngster. Best characteristic of him is a stupidly powerful shot. His dribbling is pretty good, and is finishing is all right, but when you let him take a shot, every one is an absolute rocket."

Interesting, but i'm sure there will have been people saying that about Benteke, Lowton and Westwood.

From a guy who follows the Polska Liga:

Interesting, but i'm sure there will have been people saying that about Benteke, Lowton and Westwood.

Yeah, good point actually. Apparently the bid is about £3.5 Million.

Don't you think Celtic are bigger than Villa?

Define bigger? Winning a micky mouse league every year?

doesn't matter. What matters is who can provide the most opportunities for him? i.e. playing 3 games in CL groups (assuming they qualify) or playing in the world's most popular league?

Celtic are a massive shark in a puddle where Villa are big fish in the Nile.

That's an absolutely brilliant analogy.

Celtic are a massive shark in a puddle where Villa are big fish in the Nile.

That's an absolutely brilliant analogy.

Cheers.

I always think it's a bad comparison to look at Celtic or Rangers, and then Premier League clubs.

Their league is desperately poor standard but they both get brilliant passionate attendances at superb stadiums. And of course they (only Celtic at the moment) always pick up trophies.

If a player had a choice between us and them it would all depend on what mattered more to him.

What Villa can offer now is the chance for a young player to come in to a growing energetic team. Which I personally would jump at if I was a young lower league talent.

Celtic are a bigger club than Villa no doubt imo.

Just because they play in a shit league, does not mean they aren't a big club in Europe.

The Bundesliga was more of a joke this year than the Scottish Premier, and La Liga wasn't far off. In fact, add to that the Italian, French and even the premiership. All none events. Now, of course they are usually more competitive but Celtic still have to go and do a job and Rangers have shown that the Glasgow teams are not invincible.

As for the analogy. 

Agree with the Celtic part, Not the Villa bit. The Nile is the longest river in the world, and we are certainly not a big fish in the best league in the world atm - Nowhere near.

It's hilarious reading Celtic forums.

It's really leaving a bad taste in my mouth that we appear to have been after this guy for most of the season, then suddenly Lambert and Stan - two of this club's all time heroes - have come in and hijacked the move at the 11th hour.

they're not exactly 'doing their jobs', i.e. looking for signing targets of their own; they're on the blower to Neil then chasing our targets, it seems.

I really don't like or much respect the way Lambert (and potentially Stan, with the Bulgarian link) appears to have gone about this one.

Villa really do epitomise what's wrong with the game in England. They are very much a extremely average side who can only attract decent players with money alone. It's very unlikely that they'll be challenging for anything soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were relegated sometime in the near future. 

What are we meant to do, just let them have the player because they think they saw him first?  :unsure:

Bigger gate for sure. But they play in a one team low quality league. I dont want to get into an England/Scotland pissing match , there are a lot of good players and fans up there. But I think it is fair to say that usually the Premier League is considered a step up career wise for a player from the SPL.

Champions league football from a middling league is not as big a draw. Benteke walked away from champions league football at Genk to play with us for example.

It's hilarious reading Celtic forums.

It's really leaving a bad taste in my mouth that we appear to have been after this guy for most of the season, then suddenly Lambert and Stan - two of this club's all time heroes - have come in and hijacked the move at the 11th hour.

they're not exactly 'doing their jobs', i.e. looking for signing targets of their own; they're on the blower to Neil then chasing our targets, it seems.

I really don't like or much respect the way Lambert (and potentially Stan, with the Bulgarian link) appears to have gone about this one.

Villa really do epitomise what's wrong with the game in England. They are very much a extremely average side who can only attract decent players with money alone. It's very unlikely that they'll be challenging for anything soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were relegated sometime in the near future. 

What are we meant to do, just let them have the player because they think they saw him first?  :unsure:

Mind-boggling comments from the Celts there

Â