Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

No idea how good he is but he can certainly strike a ball off either foot judging by the YouTube clips. Has also got 3 goals in 6 games for Bulgaria too ( 3 in 3 in qualifying matches this year )

He looks good on YouTube but how anyone can say he is 'quality' is beyond me! Not a single person on this Forum will have seen him play a full game and took any notice of him before today!

Well being Bulgarian I've seen him play full games. He's unlikely to be a star but would be a good replacement for Zoggy. It'd be great to have a player who can score from outside the box once in a while. He'll probably go to Celtic anyway.

He looks good on YouTube but how anyone can say he is 'quality' is beyond me! Not a single person on this Forum will have seen him play a full game and took any notice of him before today!

Well being Bulgarian I've seen him play full games. He's unlikely to be a star but would be a good replacement for Zoggy. It'd be great to have a player who can score from outside the box once in a while. He'll probably go to Celtic anyway.

The Bulgarian Brett Holman?

The only reason this player is being credited as recommended by Petrov is because he's Belgian!! Absolute bull shit that is

Calm down, and research more about petrov. So are you saying petrov the bulgarian superstar, and he is over there, has no knowledge of any bulgarian footballers? The bull shit is yours I'm thinking.

Looking at some Poznan stats, who play a 4-2-3-1, he played the left winger role almost exclusively. Matching that up to how we play he would predominantly play in the spot Gabby plays - whether or not that's a role deeper than Gabby played this season we wont know until the friendlies. Sounds like a good rotation buy with potential.

Or he may want gabby to play up front and offer an alternative to Benteke it would be nice not having him to rely on him so much

I think you're exactly right. Gabby could well be played in that sole striker position when Benteke is out. In which case bringing in some versatile wide players makes a lot of sense in this scenario.

It'll be interesting to see if a "replacement" for Bent is bought in. Personally I think we'll see more wingers/attacking midfielders bought in as I think PL and the staff have faith in Benteke/Gabby/Weimann being the #1/2/3 in that sole striker position for when injuries/suspensions occur, and the new players will replace Gabby and Andy in those wider positions.

Can't see it, Gabby as a lone striker in our system wouldn't work, admittedly we only had 10 men but after Benteke went off at Chelsea and Gabby went central the whole game fell apart. He wasn't holding the ball up or getting into the right positions. I like Gabby but just dont think in this system he could be the lone striker. He is, however doing very well as the wide forward.

I think we'll bring in a wide forward, perhaps this Tonev, and maybe a second if we sell NZogbia. Although, with the way some of the youngsters in that area are performing theres no reason (assuming the initial wide forward purchase is good enough) we couldnt use the likes of Burke, Robinson and Graham as backup to Gabby, Weimann and the new player. Those three all have sort of similar styles in that they can all play wide and very direct, tailor made for our current system really.

And then we'll bring in 1 main striker, possibly Austin, as backup to Benteke. Think I would prefer somebody who has a bit more to their game like a Guidetti or Finnbogason. 

But I really dont think playing Gabby as the central striker is in Lambert's plans, unless he moves to 2 up top again but even then I think Weimann was ahead of Gabby in that sense due to the partnership he made with Benteke

• Like 2

Think he'll be off to the Bundesliga personally.. That league is ahead of the Prem quality wise at the moment by all accounts & lets face is we narrowly dodged relegation last time out....so why would he come here? The thing we have going for us of course is Petrov is here & we could surely compete on a wages front, other than that unless he really fancies a move to the Premier League i can't him coming here.

don't forget grealish coming through too :)

on tonev, he's stated he wants CL footie and we can't offer that to him. so i'm not that hopefull we'll get him.

I was hovering over typing his name too haha but I think if Lambert was going to give Grealish a chance it'll be in centre mid attacking rather than as a wide player, but yeah he could definitely play there too

Watching a youtube video, whilst he looks good (as they all do on youtube). He knocks the ball quite a way in front of him quite a lot and runs on to it. Not sure he'd be able to get away with that in the prem as often when generally fullbacks are quite quick players here and wouldnt have that much space to run in to.

Similar ish to Bale and how he was able to tear the Italian teams up by knocking it past and running onto it, it took a while for him to bring that form into the Prem.

But it's only a youtube video I guess.

Â