Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Apart from the privilige of being part of a Celtic side that is again spanked out of the Champions League at the Group Stage there really is not much of an arguement for joining Celtic over us.  

We can offer better global exposure, better pay, a more competitive league, and we're not in Scotland.

No brainer.

Yes or apart from the big fact that Celtic made it out of the group stage that is.  No brainer to check facts before posting.

What once-twice?  Besides, not once have I said they never qualify for the knockouts..... just that their record tends to be getting dumped out in the group stages.

The point being they're not there on merit but default.

Course they are their on merit, they have to go through 2 or 3 qualifying rounds to get to the group stages.

AS oppsoed to the 38 game pre-qualifiying round that Premier League clubs have to go through?

The point being that apart from Celtics annual European footballing lesson there really is no reason any player would joint them over us.

I think there's been a breakdown in communication somewhere, we're actually after two million quid's worth or toner; Guzan photocopied his penis and exhausted the club's entire ink supply.

Imagine if 'big' Dion and Michael Oaks were still here!! There would be a world shortage!

I know it's YouTube but I liked what I saw.

Fast, looks decent running with the ball and looks like he isn't afraid to shoot with either foot.

Looks like he could be a quality addition to the squad.

Edited by Big_John_10

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick 55s

Aston Villa do have an interest in signing Bulgarian attacking midfielder Aleksandar Tonev from Polish club Lech Poznan #avfc

dance876.gif?w=500&h=282

Will be chuffed if this comes off.

He ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Looks an exciting player to watch

Looks like he has some attacking flair and creativity

Can run with the ball (we don't have many players that can do this well)

Edited by Big_John_10

He ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Looks an exciting player to watch

Looks like he has some attacking flair and creativity

Can run with the ball (we don't have many players that can do this well)

I'd also add "Can smash it in from outside of the box with either foot" from what I've seen

If the lure of playing against bate borisov in the preliminary rounds of the champions league and playing kilmarnock the week after infront of 3,000 people is bigger than playing in the premier league the lads mental.

• Like 1

Â