Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

The league games must be a bit of a distraction up there. 

It did seem that way, which kind of explained for our poorer domestic speel in between October to December as many of the players took their eye off games and focused on Europe.

I don't miss Rangers per se, however I will admit, I do miss a strong challenge, it feels so much more satisfying winning the title after a long and gruelling 38 game season than it does when we coast to victory

Edit - Yeah, I'd have to agree with that Patrick

Edited by StevenCelt

Oops, I touched a nerve by daring to say that MON is anything but an amazing manager.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132476&page=15

I'm being really reasonable. This is the forum I'm trying to sort the Villa/Celtic friendly with.

A friendly with Celtic? Dear god no.

Lets just send the money to Stan instead.

But it will be a bigger game for them than anything they will play in the league that season we got to give their fans some kind of entertainment

We owe them nothing. I certainly don't want them at Villa park. While I feel sorry for the decent Scottish clubs up there who have to endure them , happily we don't.

Oops, I touched a nerve by daring to say that MON is anything but an amazing manager.

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132476&page=15

I'm being really reasonable. This is the forum I'm trying to sort the Villa/Celtic friendly with.

A friendly with Celtic? Dear god no.

Lets just send the money to Stan instead.

But it will be a bigger game for them than anything they will play in the league that season we got to give their fans some kind of entertainment
We owe them nothing. I certainly don't want them at Villa park. While I feel sorry for the decent Scottish clubs up there who have to endure them , happily we don't.

By the sounds of your posts your a closet Rangers fan.

Away fans are more than welcome but can we keep this about this player and speculation about him please rather than anything else, the other stuff belongs in other football.

Ta

Apologies mate :)

Non needed pal, it wasn't a request directed purely at yourself. Anyway, welcome to the site feel free to stick around beyond this speculation, sensible away fans are always welcome.

• Like 1

Hard to say who I think he'd choose given a straight choice between us and Celtic.

Celtic are a bigger club, imo. Champions league football, more or less guaranteed league titles.

But a much much poorer league, less money (?genuinely don't know if we'd offer higher wages than Celtic, I guess we would?), arguably less exposure (better in champions league but domestically nowhere near), location (?again genuinely don't know if Glasgow is more appealing than Birmingham?)

Tough one. I'd like to think lambert's approach and the potential to be part of a young squad which is going somewhere would be appealing too.

Hard to say who I think he'd choose given a straight choice between us and Celtic.

Celtic are a bigger club, imo. Champions league football, more or less guaranteed league titles.

But a much much poorer league, less money (?genuinely don't know if we'd offer higher wages than Celtic, I guess we would?), arguably less exposure (better in champions league but domestically nowhere near), location (?again genuinely don't know if Glasgow is more appealing than Birmingham?)

Tough one. I'd like to think lambert's approach and the potential to be part of a young squad which is going somewhere would be appealing too.

If i was him i would go to Villa and its nothing to do with who is bigger club or what league they play in. Its because the celtic manager Lennon has been touting himself out to prem clubs every chance he gets over the past 2-3 weeks. Would any player want to go to a club when the manager might get up and leave the next day?

If Weimann and Benteke stay is he even guaranteed first team football?

Im not big on Celtics current squad but I would imagine he is a shoe in up there? Wouldnt be sure though - StevenCelt?

Werder Bremen are like the German version of us.

Wouldn't be able the same wages as us though.

I dont know what Bremen pay. We dont pay what we used to though. Would there be much difference?

Away fans are more than welcome but can we keep this about this player and speculation about him please rather than anything else, the other stuff belongs in other football.

Ta

My Bad i started it.

So did anyone else watch him tonight? 

If Weimann and Benteke stay is he even guaranteed first team football?

Im not big on Celtics current squad but I would imagine he is a shoe in up there? Wouldnt be sure though - StevenCelt?

I'm not that entirely sure. We tend to rotate our wide players a lot so he would get game time, but most of our wide players aren't true wingers and they often cut inside to allow the full backs to bomb on.

I've heard good things about the guy so will be interesting to see how he fairs and where he goes

We'll make amends with Celtic fans when we sell them Barry Bannan.

Looking at his goals, Tonev can peg 'em equally hard with his left and his right.

Â