Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

To be fair I seem to remember some Genk fans being delighted with the £7m they got for Benteke.

Also, I remember the Feyenoord fans were more disappointed to see El-Ahmadi than Vlaar go.

Edited by Mantis

To be fair I seem to remember some Genk fans being delighted with the £7m they got for Benteke.

Also, I remember the Feyenoord fans were more disappointed to see El-Ahmadi than Vlaar go.

They won't be sad from it though. 

3 million for Lech is massive amount, and considering that Tonev is quite inconsistent for them and wasn't stating in first 11 in matches, it's a good deal for them. Benteke was already ace at Genk with his scoring record + has been great for Belgium.

I see nice potential in him, but can't see him becoming amazingly great, good solid option in midfield.

To be fair, to Lambert he probably had to take some time and have a good look at what he had in the squad before buying players last season I expect a lot of more activity earlier this year.

I like the look of him.  Won't know until/if he joins and plays a few games but we need a player who can score goals from a bit deeper.  Cheap as chips by the sound of things, looks like another Lambert signing with real potential.  Fingers crossed.

No one has seen him play much and what ever 'rating' he has on FM or Fifa does not mean shit.

That said, for the money talked about, this sort of player is probably worth the risk. It's not exactly going to backfire much on us.

It's hilarious reading Celtic forums.

It's really leaving a bad taste in my mouth that we appear to have been after this guy for most of the season, then suddenly Lambert and Stan - two of this club's all time heroes - have come in and hijacked the move at the 11th hour.

they're not exactly 'doing their jobs', i.e. looking for signing targets of their own; they're on the blower to Neil then chasing our targets, it seems.

I really don't like or much respect the way Lambert (and potentially Stan, with the Bulgarian link) appears to have gone about this one.

Villa really do epitomise what's wrong with the game in England. They are very much a extremely average side who can only attract decent players with money alone. It's very unlikely that they'll be challenging for anything soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were relegated sometime in the near future. 

What are we meant to do, just let them have the player because they think they saw him first?  :unsure:

If they didnt bagsy him hes fair game!

Fifa says his a CAM...

what rating is he? this is how i will judge if he's any good haha

67 but he has some good attributes.

Position: CAM

Acceleration: 83

Sprint Speed: 80

Agility: 84

Balance: 78

Stamina: 81

Shot Power: 77

Long Shots: 75

Dribbling: 71

Ball Control: 70

Weak Foot: 4

Skill Moves: 3

P. Foot: Right

Yes that's all well and good but at what grade are his hoof balls delivered? Unless he's got a Grade 1 hoof, I don't want him.

• Like 4

Forget Fifa, FM is far more accurate.. what does that say?

I wouldn't trust FM on player ratings as far as I can throw the disc, especially when it comes to the lower leagues and potential of the player since most of the data contributors are very conservative and some are biased and/or lenient toward their own teams.

The difference between Westwood's attributes before and after the winter update for example are staggering. I know he started off well here but he was always way better than his stats first suggested pre-update.

That said, FM isn't too bad on the whole.

That is always going to be the case, Westwood had played at a lower level and so had an upper limit of where his ability could be. Moving to the Premier League obviously raised that level of ability, not a perfect system but it can't really work any other way.

I would say that in a lot of cases, don't look to carefully at FM ratings for players coming into the club, particularly from abroad.

So after all this - Is he shite?? 

Are you basing that on peoples Fifa comments?!

Dunno what Im basing it on. Nobody seems to have much of a clue so Im wondering why there was any excitement in the first place.

Dunno what Im basing it on. Nobody seems to have much of a clue so Im wondering why there was any excitement in the first place.

I think you should wait til you see him play in a Villa shirt before you make a decision about whether he's 'shite' or not. Some of the players we signed last season nobody had a clue about and they are improving all the time :)

I think you should wait til you see him play in a Villa shirt before you make a decision about whether he's 'shite' or not. Some of the players we signed last season nobody had a clue about and they are improving all the time :)

I havent said he is shite. I asked the question. He appears to have gone from a class act that we had no chance of signing to some inconsistent misfit who cant get in the poznan side - all in the space of a day.

Im open minded as usual about it.

Â