Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

If true then no more sell to buy unless someone else is out the door to pay for it?

With Dunne, Lichaj and Petrov off the players wages (so far) maybe RL has allowed some spending?

Also don't think the amount of players leaving is over (Bent, Bannan, Ireland, Given and possibly Holman and N'Zogbia) and surely their transfers out will be being progressed already, hence the ability to bring players in.

It's still very early doors in the transfer window - a lot of players are on their hols and some playing stupid International friendlies!!!

Whilst I will always welcome players to the club - are people really that excited about this ? - A players who isn't a first team regular in a minor polish league, in a position that IMO is way down our list of priorities 

If it was a top notch CB or LB - then great - but I won't get to excited about a bit part winger.

Whilst I will always welcome players to the club - are people really that excited about this ? - A players who isn't a first team regular in a minor polish league, in a position that IMO is way down our list of priorities

If it was a top notch CB or LB - then great - but I won't get to excited about a bit part winger.

I think to say its down our list of priorities is far of the mark. Lambert wants to bulk out the squad, if were going to play as we did for the second half of the season then we need backup players for our positions.

Tonev would be a backup for Agbonlahor, or another option on that side depending on performances of either player.

I agree that we need defenders most importantly, but I have no doubt they will come, Lambert has probably been forced to speed up the transfer process because of Celtic's interest.

And you know Lambert's priorities in terms of positions how exactly? I agree from our perspective that some other positions would seem more pressing but we were saying the same last summer when he spent money on Benteke who it seemed like we didn't really need compared to other positions. So I'm happy to let Lambert target whatever he thinks will improve us.

Am I excited about this player? Not especially because I've never seen him play but I am excited about the prospect of new arrivals in general and us hopefully getting better. One thing we should have learned over the last few years is that buying experience and names sometimes is far worse than buying players with less well known less experienced players.

We lacked width last season so perhaps that is something Lambert is looking to change.

Or perhaps ideally he would have moved for this player much later on in the window when other positions had been sorted but Celtic's move has forced his hand.

Who knows.

But I certainly don't see anything for us not to be happy about with looking to improve the side and I'm happy to back Lambert's judgement in that regard.

If you read the post properly - I said IMO - I will accept your apologies !

I am still not convinced we are in for this player - on planet lerner, £2.6m* - Is a big fee, for a player who seems to be only a fringe player.

*I accept that figure may not be accurate - but at the moment, and for consistency - that's all we have.

And you know Lambert's priorities in terms of positions how exactly? I agree from our perspective that some other positions would seem more pressing but we were saying the same last summer when he spent money on Benteke who it seemed like we didn't really need compared to other positions. So I'm happy to let Lambert target whatever he thinks will improve us.

Am I excited about this player? Not especially because I've never seen him play but I am excited about the prospect of new arrivals in general and us hopefully getting better. One thing we should have learned over the last few years is that buying experience and names sometimes is far worse than buying players with less well known less experienced players.

We lacked width last season so perhaps that is something Lambert is looking to change.

Or perhaps ideally he would have moved for this player much later on in the window when other positions had been sorted but Celtic's move has forced his hand.

Who knows.

But I certainly don't see anything for us not to be happy about with looking to improve the side and I'm happy to back Lambert's judgement in that regard.

I am still not convinced we are in for this player - on planet lerner, £2.6m* - Is a big fee, for a player who seems to be only a fringe player.

*I accept that figure may not be accurate - but at the moment, and for consistency - that's all we have.

Whatever your hunches are the opposite always happens, so I think we can say welcome to this kid

Who knows.

Whatever your hunches are the opposite always happens, so I think we can say welcome to this kid

I won't rise to the bait. But a 23 lets not start off by calling him a kid. 

Who knows.

Wasn't having a dig, just something I've noticed over the years, you are like my transfer guide.

As for the kid thing, not sure what you're trying to get at, a pointless negative maybe? If he doesn't hit the ground running this "man" should be sold immediately?

Who knows.

Wasn't having a dig, just something I've noticed over the years, you are like my transfer guide.

As for the kid thing, not sure what you're trying to get at, a pointless negative maybe? If he doesn't hit the ground running this "man" should be sold immediately?

I m flattered you take the time to follow my posts. 90% of what I post is my own opinion - I am not ITK. Based on Lamberts team selections - he plays a narrow game with wing backs. Hence our wide players haven't featured regularly. I just don't see a wide man fitting into the scheme of things.

As for the kid thing - I just don't think 23 cuts it. 

Who knows.

Are you serious? we are a premiership team with a billionaire owner. £2.6m is nothing. We've recently rid of 3 high earners too and this lad won't be on massive wages. I'd be extremely worried if Lambert was only allowed to spend £2.6m if the player is top draw finished article, we'd be screwed.

He must obviously have all the attributes Lambo wants for his team....fitness, mobility, youth and a eye for goal.

I like this philosophy of making a player fit into a team...rather than trying to mould a team around one individual.

So he is'nt the first name on everyones lips. Was Sylla, or Tekkers?

I have very much faith in Lambert and what he is trying to do here. I simply love it, my perspective on him has changed a whole lot since christmas. I really look forward to this and I welcome Aleksander if he were to sign for us. Sounds promising and looks like a player that we could use on our team. I am not expecting him to take the PL by storm but this seems like an interesting signing. I am telling you guys, this seems very exciting. Next season can`t come soon enough. 

Trent`s post was pretty much spot on.

Â