Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

IPTV has been a pain in the arse over the last 12 months even with VPN. 

Depends on the provider, I’ve seen several bad ones but use an excellent one now. Not 100% but very close. 

• 1 month later...
On 04/01/2022 at 14:18, foreveryoung said:

I know alot of my pals have a fire stick. You get almost every channel including sports, might be worth going to the dark side. With utilities, bills are just rising everywhere costing a fortune

I think I will go cancellation and if they don't do me a amazing deal, go through with it.

How did you get on with this, i am in process of cancelling and getting nothing atm

I've just had an email from Sly putting my prices up!!!!

£4 pm for the tv package

£2.50 pm for the BB

Now it's not a lot but it all adds up. Unfortunately i've got 11 months left on my contract so i'm snookered really.

Robbing B'stards

26 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I've just had an email from Sly putting my prices up!!!!

£4 pm for the tv package

£2.50 pm for the BB

Now it's not a lot but it all adds up. Unfortunately i've got 11 months left on my contract so i'm snookered really.

Robbing B'stards

You're allowed to leave even if you are still in contract if they change the price. 

But everyone is putting up their prices, so it doesn't really help. 

I signed up to Virgin for £33/m less than 12 months ago. Its now £36.50 and shortly going up to £41.50!   A contracted price should just be the fixed price during the contract length like with gas, electric, car insurance, home insurance, tv licence, etc.

• Like 1

I've got a pretty perfect IPTV service which has replaced my old Sky deal. It's pretty crazy that it offers more than Sky did, in that all the channels have a weeks worth of catch up, you can watch 4 things at once etc. Obviously it has every channel you can think of worldwide and all the sports you want. 

The only thing I miss is sports in 4k and a higher frame rate on the sports Sky show. 

22 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I've got a pretty perfect IPTV service which has replaced my old Sky deal. It's pretty crazy that it offers more than Sky did, in that all the channels have a weeks worth of catch up, you can watch 4 things at once etc. Obviously it has every channel you can think of worldwide and all the sports you want. 

The only thing I miss is sports in 4k and a higher frame rate on the sports Sky show. 

are the sports using the equivalent of hesgoal or are they proper legal broadcasts of prem league games etc ? 

I'll throw my hat into the ring, why bother getting Sky? 4 years ago I had to give up work, one of our budgeting task was to cancel Sky in favour of Now TV. I pay for the Entertainment, Sports and Movies (Movies is pretty crap, last film we watched on it was Monster Hunter (OMG, what a load of cack)) and I have the boost all in all Now Tv costs me £44 a month - I can also stream to my Roku(s), laptop(s), PC, tablets, Panasonic 58" in the kitchen and LG OLED 42" in the living room. I do also pay for Netflix, Disney, Prime - more than enough there to still complain about there being nothing to watch. I get fleeced by BT for my broadband. I still use the old Sky box occasionally for freeview TV when theres rugby/football on because the downside with watching sports on iPlayer/ITV/NowTV is the slight time lag between live and what you are seeing on the stream. During the Euros we could hear neighbours celebrating before we'd see the goal :(  

The long and the short I would never go back to Sky and can't see why people would even bother with Glass/Sky Q.

*I love the LG OLED, fab picture, all the apps under one roof, no need for Roku or any additional hardware - noice!

5 hours ago, zak said:

How did you get on with this, i am in process of cancelling and getting nothing atm

Got £25 knocked off to £50 a month, everything except sports, which I tried my bestest to blag. Got the latest new Sky box too, with UHD.

I always do live chat and just ask to go to cancellations and say it's getting too expensive. I then say I would stay if..........?

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Got £25 knocked off to £50 a month, everything except sports, which I tried my bestest to blag. Got the latest new Sky box too, with UHD.

I always do live chat and just ask to go to cancellations and say it's getting too expensive. I then say I would stay if..........?

I was texting with an agent yesterday but he didnt really offer much. So im in 31 day cancellation period. He did say once in cancellation period, no offers will populate my account. Which id be surprised about, maybe that doesnt include phone calls etc. we will see

I phoned Sky up last month to cancel my package which included Sports, UHD etc and they offered to reduce it down to £49 from around £80 a month. I refused and asked them to cancel my package completely, after two weeks they rang me up and offered me the same package for £36 a month for 18 months which I agreed to. The following day I had a letter from them saying I could have the same package for £28 a month. 

To get a good deal be prepared to cancel and refuse the first offer, I said that with energy prices rocketing Sky won't be a priority for me. 

Edited by Eligius

45 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I phoned Sky up last month to cancel my package which included Sports, UHD etc and they offered to reduce it down to £49 from around £80 a month. I refused and asked them to cancel my package completely, after two weeks they rang me up and offered me the same package for £36 a month for 18 months which I agreed to. The following day I had a letter from them saying I could have the same package for £28 a month. 

To get a good deal be prepared to cancel and refuse the first offer, I said that with energy prices rocketing Sky won't be a priority for me. 

I did this with Sky for years, cancelled it every year and got a better deal from them. Only ever had the basic package though. 

Finally changed to Virgin last December as wanted a change and better BB as working from home permanently. Got pretty good friends and family deal of TV, movies and 500mb BB for £57 pm for 18 months. I can extend for a further 18 months as long as I upgrade something, so am planning to upgrade to 1gb BB in June.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sky contract up next month, spoke to cancellations and the best he could do was what I'm paying now but I would lose sky sports, shocking. The plan was to ditch sports anyway. Told him nothing doing and that I wish to cancel everything and I'll just get a cheap Bband and Freeview, he transfers me to the real cancellations team, lovely lady, all the time in the world for me, told her do the full cancellation or find me a decent deal. Turns out the guy had already found the best offer, she starts hinting, have you seen any advertised special offers, she really was a cool cat, I said not really, she says thinks about sky adverts, I say sky glass, she says yes, glass works out to £18 less, too much I say, she says thank about what offers could be available, like she can't mention anything but if I say the right thing, she'll look it up. Light switch moment, I say new customer offers and she giggled, let me see she says and it's £15 less then glass but includes Netflix which I already have so not too bad in the end.

Feels like they want us on sky glass but it's a considerable downgrade TV to the one I have. Ended up with super fast Bband, TV and the TV plus package and Netflix, £63 for 18 months.

Couldn't be bothered to trade anymore but I just know I should have just said no and left, they will have got on to me within a week and offered better. I have 31 days grace, might knock it on the head and see what happens.

Edited by Phil Silvers

• 1 year later...

Just been on to them as contract nearly up. It would go up to £81 (from £50) so I told them I wanted to cancel. They offered £63, I said, no  - cancel please. Put through to the actual cancellation dept. and they said £61. They also said cancellation is not reversible, if it goes through, it goes through and can't be changed - that's the final offer.

So I said, let me think about it, I've still got a few days before I have to give notice.

Question then - will they get back in touch if do go ahead and cancel. It seems like they may have changed their policy of making better offers after people have cancelled, from what the guy said - I like it for being able to record the football or cricket and watch it when I want, not live and so would like to keep it, but don't wanna pay £61 a month (which will no doubt go up again within the 18 months of a new contract).

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Just been on to them as contract nearly up. It would go up to £81 (from £50) so I told them I wanted to cancel. They offered £63, I said, no  - cancel please. Put through to the actual cancellation dept. and they said £61. They also said cancellation is not reversible, if it goes through, it goes through and can't be changed - that's the final offer.

So I said, let me think about it, I've still got a few days before I have to give notice.

Question then - will they get back in touch if do go ahead and cancel. It seems like they may have changed their policy of making better offers after people have cancelled, from what the guy said - I like it for being able to record the football or cricket and watch it when I want, not live and so would like to keep it, but don't wanna pay £61 a month (which will no doubt go up again within the 18 months of a new contract).

Can you get Virgin Media where you are?

On 23/02/2022 at 17:36, tonyh29 said:

are the sports using the equivalent of hesgoal or are they proper legal broadcasts of prem league games etc ? 

Proper legal broadcasts on the proper channels.

I have one similar to @villarule123

65 quid for 6 months, channels from every country, catch up, live pause, TV and movies. It's really good.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Proper legal broadcasts on the proper channels.

I have one similar to @villarule123

65 quid for 6 months, channels from every country, catch up, live pause, TV and movies. It's really good.

My mate  👀 pays £60 for 12 months, all sports in the world, almost every movie and box set ever made, all PPV boxing, WWE and UFC. Even optional adult channels. 

Every weekend they sort links of the PL games into 1 folder so you don’t have to look through the channels, they add the links with the name of the match. You can install the app on a firestick or on your phone or tablet or all of them.

He’s had it with the same supplier for about 4 years without issue.

• Like 1

I need to ring Sky as some of my packages are out of contract  ( i added them at different times )

but I looked at BT and it appears I can get the same channels , I.e Sports , Netflix , paramount + , movies , Sky Atlantic  etc for about £40 less a month  ..and BT include the TNT sports into the deal , which Sky want £28 a month for !! 

not sure when my Sky Broadband contract ends as i did it separately  , but at face value BT seems a much better deal than Sky 

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

Don’t think so, but it’s a bit off topic. I’d like to stay with sky anyway for all sorts of reasons. 

Fair enough, just as a backup in case they call your bluff with the call back game.

If you have o2 and VM you get a free broadband speed increase and double data on the sim. You also get free roaming in EU and beyond like USA and Australia.

I keep toying with switching to Sky but VM keep throwing deals at me every year.

Â