Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

The Sky Win back team and basically just offered me the same deal again. I've also dont the live chat bit and they seem pretty firm on £70 for Fibre or Something like £65 with normal broadband. None of the offers on Sky Account are any good to me. 

Bit annoying but will have to hold tight and let it run down a bit. Going to be a bit tricky though as I cant let the broadband especially go completely dead. Mrs runs a business from home and they will be hell to pay if shes got no internet. 

They offered me £85.50 for Sky Q 2TB + I Mini, All channels including sports, movies, On-demand, Box sets All in HD + Fibre Max Unlimited with phone line and evening and weekend calls.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed deal of £57 in the end which was only £2 more than I was paying originally before the discounts dropped off. All in all I'll take that. 

Wish I didn't have this messing around every 12 months. The only company I deal with that behaves like this. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Latest offers!..

Activated Cancellation last month, Just used the sky.com/mydeal link. Got everything (bar kids) Entertainment, Sports, Movies, Box Sets and HD pack for £38 on 12 month deal on Sky Q 2TB box. 

Add £12 for multiroom box. Happy days!.. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I let my previous 'deal' expire and my bill has gone from £75.25pm to a whopping £124.50.
This is for (with an old HD box)
Box Sets Bundle
Sports HD
Cinema
Sky Go Extra
Entertainment
BB Un-ltd with talk eve & w/e

I have just called them to complain that the bill has changed and that there no way i can pay that for tv etc.
After a long conversation which they tried to get me to have Sky Q at a higher cost i was eventually offered the following....
Entertainment - £22
HD - £5
Box Sets - £5
Cinema - £11
Sport - £16
BB & Phone - £20 - or super fast BB for £27

Package comes in at £79, £4 more than i was paying, on a new 18 month contract.
My initial thoughts are this is a decent deal for me, but when i read back on the thread many people have better than this and thats with Sky Q.

The Sky haggle merry go round is a pain. Phoning up every time, going through the same old speech with different people to be transferred to the right dept etc.

The question is will i get a better deal if i go down the 'i'm leaving' route and cancel and then hopefully get retentions call me?

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

I let my previous 'deal' expire and my bill has gone from £75.25pm to a whopping £124.50.
This is for (with an old HD box)
Box Sets Bundle
Sports HD
Cinema
Sky Go Extra
Entertainment
BB Un-ltd with talk eve & w/e

I have just called them to complain that the bill has changed and that there no way i can pay that for tv etc.
After a long conversation which they tried to get me to have Sky Q at a higher cost i was eventually offered the following....
Entertainment - £22
HD - £5
Box Sets - £5
Cinema - £11
Sport - £16
BB & Phone - £20 - or super fast BB for £27

Package comes in at £79, £4 more than i was paying, on a new 18 month contract.
My initial thoughts are this is a decent deal for me, but when i read back on the thread many people have better than this and thats with Sky Q.

The Sky haggle merry go round is a pain. Phoning up every time, going through the same old speech with different people to be transferred to the right dept etc.

The question is will i get a better deal if i go down the 'i'm leaving' route and cancel and then hopefully get retentions call me?

See post above mate, You must be cancel and be in your Cancellation pending on your account. 

Once done, use the link I put above and you will get it all for that price. 

• Thanks 1

In my experience you have to cancel and actually let it go through, you will either then be offered something before they do it or will call you at some point before the deactivation date to offer you something.

That does sound quite expensive but I haven't been with Sky for about 3 years so no idea if much better is available.

• Thanks 1

@Kingman @AVFCDAN

Thanks,

@Kingman

Did you already have SkyQ or get it new as part of the deal?

I will either call them and cancel or cancel on line later today.

Just one other thing,

I am in the process of selling my house (not sold yet) what happens when you move? Can you cancel the contract or does it just carry on? 

I May end up in rented accommodation until i find the house i want?

Edited by imavillan

56 minutes ago, imavillan said:

@Kingman @AVFCDAN

Thanks,

@Kingman

Did you already have SkyQ or get it new as part of the deal?

I will either call them and cancel or cancel on line later today.

Just one other thing,

I am in the process of selling my house (not sold yet) what happens when you move? Can you cancel the contract or does it just carry on? 

All ready had it mate,  Existing was £50pm for everything + multiroom and when previous offers expired was going up to £125pm. 

Did the usual crack and activated the cancellation then a week or so later used to above link and got all the TV packages for £39 + £13 multiroom = £52pm total mate 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, imavillan said:

Just one other thing,

There are special dispensations to early contract termination such as death, military call up and moving house. 

I think moving house has caveats such as new landlords refusal, Sky Q infrastructure not compatible as communal blocks, 

I'm not 100% sure on straight forward like for like move to be honest mate but it should be under the T&C's in early terminations. 

• Thanks 1

UPDATE:

Just called them and got through to cancellation and after being on the phone for an hour.

Got Everything i have now, Ent, Sports, Box Sets, Cinema, HD, Plus an upgrade to a new SQ 2TB box +mini box, multi room, Super fast BB, phone calls

Offered this for £84pm

£30 for the SQ 2TB Box

£10 activation fee.

all on a new 18 month contract

Now, i am quite happy with this as it gives me Sky Q and multi room and the Super Fast BB for a little more than what i was paying and an improvement (with the upgraded equipment) on my previous offer.

I understand the ''actually'' cancel bit and they call you back, but given i am having the SkyQ 2TB box and BB upgrade would there be much more to come.

Looking around the net, the 2TB SkyQ box comes in at £199 !!!

Left it with them that i'm thinking about it.

If i do actually cancel, when could i expect a call from them?

• 2 months later...

Thinking of moving over to Sky from Virgin.  VM have just told me my discount on Sky Sports (non HD lol) will end this month and my bill for TV / Broadband and evening calls will be around £110 per month - it was around £78 at the start of the year but has been increasing steadily since then.  Whats the best site to find out the best deals for Sky?  Surely it cannot be going directly to Sky?  Guessing Moneysaving etc are the way to go?  

Is it worth looking at Sky Q?  Or just leaving it at regular Sky HD?

• 2 months later...

Decent offer for Sky Q and Netflix 

£20 upfront setup fee

£25 a month includes a HD Netflix subscription 

18 month contract, thereafter unless cancelled £39 a month.

Includes 1 Sky Q standard HD box allowing you to record 3 channels at once

All in one place on Sky Q

Over 300 channels including exclusive Sky Originals

Ultimate On Demand with Netflix & 500 Sky Box Sets

Easy to link your existing Netflix account and you won’t be charged twice 

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv?irct=ShopHomeDefault-TV-shtevar1&awc=11005_1571738577_07882d6de6c1722980e5a477315ee431&dcmp=afc-47868-na-na-longtail&dclid=COyY27zOr-UCFS4GBgAdtLIAIg 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was paying £48.50/month after my previous 18 month contract (£30/month) had expired a while ago.

Rang saying I wanted to cancel and got put through to ‘retentions’. Said I thought it was poor value for what I was getting (just the Entertainment package, box sets and HD), was too much money for my budget and that my current box locked up at least twice weekly and needed a power reset (true). Friendly Sky guy said they really wanted to keep me and immediately gave me ‘Diamond VIP’ status with a free film to download, free prize draws and instant customer service access (better than the 20 minute wait I had!). I remained unimpressed as ‘VIP’ status didn’t help my budget or my intermittently faulty Sky box.

I kept refusing his offers of a new contract (£38.50, £34, £29) and I let him fill any silences. I was offered a 1 TB Q box but I knew that couldn’t give me TV in another room which I currently use via the RF out on my old Sky box. To replace that I’d need the 2 TB Sky Q with a multi-room box. Eventually I was offered the 2 TB Sky Q box, a multi room box, the Entertainment pack and HD for £24/month for 18 months (installation fee of £40).

I have halved my monthly fee (a saving of £401) and upgraded to Sky Q with multi room. Definitely worth 40 minutes on the phone.

5 week wait for installation though. Not sure whether to question and push this??

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 22/10/2019 at 11:06, Kingman said:

Decent offer for Sky Q and Netflix 

£20 upfront setup fee

£25 a month includes a HD Netflix subscription 

18 month contract, thereafter unless cancelled £39 a month.

Includes 1 Sky Q standard HD box allowing you to record 3 channels at once

All in one place on Sky Q

Over 300 channels including exclusive Sky Originals

Ultimate On Demand with Netflix & 500 Sky Box Sets

Easy to link your existing Netflix account and you won’t be charged twice 

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv?irct=ShopHomeDefault-TV-shtevar1&awc=11005_1571738577_07882d6de6c1722980e5a477315ee431&dcmp=afc-47868-na-na-longtail&dclid=COyY27zOr-UCFS4GBgAdtLIAIg 

Cancellation put through, what's next?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2020 at 21:01, foreveryoung said:

Cancellation put through, what's next?

Sorry mate only just noticed this, Try below links 

sky.com/mydeal 

sky.com/mydeal 

sky.com/myr…iew  

sky.com/mydeal  

Let me know how you get on 
Edited by Kingman

On 14/08/2020 at 13:24, Kingman said:

Sorry mate only just noticed this, Try below links 

sky.com/mydeal 

sky.com/mydeal 

sky.com/myr…iew  

sky.com/mydeal  

Let me know how you get on 

Alot of them links don't work anymore chap. I'm just onto them now, blagging it.

Â