Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Any thoughts @Kingman

I currently pay 80pm for everything you stated but on 2 boxes, I'm also on Fibre Max so not as fast as virgin, As mentioned though it depends on the postcode lottery for said speeds. 

I'm renewing my old man's this week so will let you know how I get on pal. 

21 hours ago, Kingman said:

I currently pay 80pm for everything you stated but on 2 boxes, I'm also on Fibre Max so not as fast as virgin, As mentioned though it depends on the postcode lottery for said speeds. 

I'm renewing my old man's this week so will let you know how I get on pal. 

Thanks mate. Sky have pissed me off today. When I called to cancel I asked if there would be any charges as I knew my multiroom was under contract till February. I was told no. Now I have cancelled apparently there may be charges. 

On 26/09/2018 at 10:28, omariqy said:

Thanks mate. Sky have pissed me off today. When I called to cancel I asked if there would be any charges as I knew my multiroom was under contract till February. I was told no. Now I have cancelled apparently there may be charges. 

So got my old man's TV package down to £44pm, All channels Sports/Movies with 1 multi room box (Ye olde Sky HD Boxes) and Phone/BB Down to £20pm. 

Edited by Kingman

27 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So got my old man's TV package down to £44pm, All channels Sports/Movies with 1 multi room box (Ye olde Sky HD Boxes) and Phone/BB Down to £20pm. 

Thanks mate I am on Sky Q. Was that fibre unlimited?

• 1 month later...

I've got some questions that I'm hoping a few of you could help me with.

I'm currently with Virgin - phone, TV (Mix package) and 100mb Fibre. I'm paying a fair bit and now out of contract so going to call up and cancel it as I can get a better deal with Sky.

Sky deal is Sky Entertainment, Fibre Max 63mb and phone all with Sky Q for £45 a month.

The main question is, if Virgin decide to match the deal would you reccomend staying with Virgin or moving over to Sky (mainly for the Sky Q). Does anyone know how noticeable 100mb to 63mb fibre would be (only 2 people in the house)

If I go the Sky route, is HD worth it? Do you get many channels?

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I've got some questions that I'm hoping a few of you could help me with.

I'm currently with Virgin - phone, TV (Mix package) and 100mb Fibre. I'm paying a fair bit and now out of contract so going to call up and cancel it as I can get a better deal with Sky.

Sky deal is Sky Entertainment, Fibre Max 63mb and phone all with Sky Q for £45 a month.

The main question is, if Virgin decide to match the deal would you reccomend staying with Virgin or moving over to Sky (mainly for the Sky Q). Does anyone know how noticeable 100mb to 63mb fibre would be (only 2 people in the house)

If I go the Sky route, is HD worth it? Do you get many channels?

Sky broadband is awful. I have 200mb bbi with virgin and my missus has sky at her house. The difference is huge, I get about 185mb on wireless at mine, I get about 30mb at hers. It's bobbins. Sky Q is no better than V6. You get sky atlantic with sky which is a plus but if you have good bbi with virgin you can download everything Sky Atlantic offers in about 30 seconds

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Calling @Kingman 

Sky are currently offering me £70 to renew with Fibre or about £65 without. It’s basically entertainment, kids, sports, HD w phone and broadband.

Not loving either deal as I’ve been paying about £50 for the last 2 years so it’s a bit of increase but not really seeing better deals w BT and Virgin. Fairly keen to keep sky as Villa are on it so much. 

Done the usual cancel and go to live chat but don’t really seem to have any better deals than what they offered when I cancelled. 

Edited by villaglint

On 04/03/2019 at 16:12, villaglint said:

Calling @Kingman 

Sky are currently offering me £70 to renew with Fibre or about £65 without. It’s basically entertainment, kids, sports, HD w phone and broadband.

Not loving either deal as I’ve been paying about £50 for the last 2 years so it’s a bit of increase but not really seeing better deals w BT and Virgin. Fairly keen to keep sky as Villa are on it so much. 

Done the usual cancel and go to live chat but don’t really seem to have any better deals than what they offered when I cancelled. 

Best deals for Q 2TB + 1mini ive seen of late are between £47 & £53 All in (with activated cancellation) , If you have a cancellation pending on your account then check your offers in the my sky app and also the VIP section offers as these can vary to what you get offered on the website via your account. 

Since comcast took over ye ole deals of 50/60% + cash credits have been tight so it wouldnt surprise me that the penny has dropped, Seeing the better offers being offered close to days remaining rarther than a couple of weeks so keep trying chat right up till last few days saying you received a flyer with 50% off to come back to sky, (Use the link on previous pages) Come Back To Sky link

With reff to tinternet, A price rise is due on April 1st for BB and Fibre so i would wait till after this date to re-negotiate so you get the best price going forward, £20/25 for fibre + phone line after the price rise should be there or thereabouts ;)

• Like 1

On a side note I just checked my Bill and with next month's price rises my Bill is going up £38pm, 

Not sure if it's just the new pricing structures or I have some existing offers expiring so will do some digging later. 

Worth noting to all Sky subscribers to check your current and future bills online to avoid any shocks next month.

Ultimate on demand is going up to £12 from £10 but the whole point of it being £10 was to match Netflix price.

Here are the new price structures...

Sky Entertainment (£25) – £27

Sky Multiscreen (£12) – £13

Sky Sports HD (£6) – £6

Sky Q Multiscreen Pack (£12) – £13

Ultimate On Demand (£10) – £12

Sky Cinema With Sports (£10) – £11

Sky Cinema Without Sports (£18) – £19

Cinema With Sports (Migration) (£10) – £11

Sky Talk Anytime Extra (Anytime) (£8) – £10

Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra (Free time) (£4) – £5

Sky Talk Anytime Extra (24/7) (£8) – £10

Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra (Weekends) (£4) – £5

Sky Talk Anytime Extra (Anytime UK) (£8) – £10

Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends Extra (£4) – £5

Sky Talk Anytime Extra (£8) – £10

Sky Fibre Max (£25) – £27

Sky Fibre Unlimited (£20) – £22

Sky Broadband Unlimited (£11.01) – £12.01 

Add it all up and there's a few quid there folks!.. 

Because they're introducing a price rise, does that give an opportunity to do the old cancellation and then discount routine. I am genuinely starting to feel that Sky is much too expensive, we watch mainly terrestrial and Netflix. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Because they're introducing a price rise, does that give an opportunity to do the old cancellation and then discount routine. I am genuinely starting to feel that Sky is much too expensive, we watch mainly terrestrial and Netflix. 

If you're not happy with the price hike, you may be able to exit your contract with Sky penalty-free. But there's no point leaving in a huff if your current deal is still the cheapest out there – so check rival providers' prices using our Broadband Unbundled tool, and remember other providers also increase prices from time to time. If you do decide to quit your Sky contract, it's important to note: If you're outside your minimum contract term for TV, phone and/or broadband, you can leave penalty-free – to ditch your contract, just speak to a live chat adviser or call 03300 413 018 and give 31 days' notice for TV packages, or 14 days' notice for broadband and phone packages.If you're still within your minimum term for a Sky broadband or phone contract and are affected by these price increases, you CAN cancel it without paying an early termination charge. To do this you must call Sky within 30 days of receiving its price rise notification. Sky says you can do this no matter when you first took out your contract.If you're within your minimum term for a TV contract though, unfortunately you CAN'T exit it penalty-free as a result of these price changes. You could ask to switch to one of Sky's new TV packages but this is unlikely to save you much as you'll pay £25/mth for the basic Entertainment bundle (or £20/mth if you commit to an 18-month contract).Regulator Ofcom says if you're unhappy with the price hike you should complain to Sky, then escalate it to Ombudsman Services if necessary – see our How to Complain guide for help. Even if you don't have the right to leave penalty-free, it's still worth haggling as you've a reason to ask for a better deal and Sky should be keen to keep you. It's important to note even if you ARE able to leave your contract penalty-free, you'll only be able to do so once you've received official notification of the price increase from Sky – Sky says it'll be telling customers more over the next month. Once you have received notification, you must call Sky within 30 days if you want to ask to leave penalty-free. Haggle, haggle, haggle (and if you're out of contract, consider switching) If you're out of contract there's a good chance you're paying over the odds, so check if you can find a better deal using our Broadband Unbundled tool – you don't need to wait for notification from Sky of the price hikes to do this.  Alternatively if you want to stick with Sky, you're in a great position to renegotiate a better deal (you can try this if you're still in contract too, though your bargaining position won't be as strong). Our poll in November 2016 found 87% of Sky customers who tried to haggle got a discount.  Check out our Sky Haggling guide for full help on how to do this, but here are a few tips to get you started: Benchmark the best deal elsewhere so you ask for a realistic discount.Get through to the retentions (sometimes called disconnections) department. They have the most power to slash costs, as their job is to keep you.Use charm and be friendly. Aggression or anger will just put their back up.Don't panic if they call your bluff and say they'll disconnect you.Problems mean discounts, so if you've had issues with Sky in the past – eg, slow broadband – politely tell it when you haggle.If you do haggle a better deal, always check the length of the contract you're signing up to – a lot of Sky contracts are now for 18 months, so make sure you're happy being locked in for that long. Sky to hike TV and broadband prices from April

• Thanks 1

On 04/03/2019 at 16:12, villaglint said:

Calling @Kingman 

All My existing Fibre and Q offers expire over next few weeks + the price increase would see my bill go up to £130 in May, Was offered everything i currently have for £85.50 so told them to activate the cancellation. 

Not a bad first offer to say i wasnt in cancellation period so will see what comes across in the next few weeks now cancellation is pending. 

It's crazy out there with media deals etc.

Phone lines, Broadband, TV and their various packages.. all could cost people over £100 a month there or thereabouts.

I sacked Sky and their crackhead prices years ago.

I was last with Virgin Media for everything (Phone, TV & BB) but then when I moved last year they were not available in the area I moved to so it was a simple cancellation. Again, nearly £85 a month was being shelled out just to Virgin.

So now once I move into my new property it's going to be EE Super Broadband (£27 a month inc. line rental) price is for being an existing EE mobile customer, and a "Special" Kodi stick for TV which has every channel Sky & Virgin offer plus loads more and it's a one off fee forever of £55.

- If I can get all that rolling for £27 a month then I will be one happy chappy.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

13 hours ago, Kingman said:

All My existing Fibre and Q offers expire over next few weeks + the price increase would see my bill go up to £130 in May, Was offered everything i currently have for £85.50 so told them to activate the cancellation. 

Not a bad first offer to say i wasnt in cancellation period so will see what comes across in the next few weeks now cancellation is pending. 

The Sky Win back team and basically just offered me the same deal again. I've also dont the live chat bit and they seem pretty firm on £70 for Fibre or Something like £65 with normal broadband. None of the offers on Sky Account are any good to me. 

Bit annoying but will have to hold tight and let it run down a bit. Going to be a bit tricky though as I cant let the broadband especially go completely dead. Mrs runs a business from home and they will be hell to pay if shes got no internet. 

Â