Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

1 hour ago, Genie said:

My contract with Virgin is up next month, I’m thinking of going to Sky (they put a leaflet through the door saying we can get ultra fact 145mb broadband).

Whats the best new customer deal at the minute? @Kingman

What package you after?.. Sports, Movies, Netflix, Multiroom etc? 

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

What package you after?.. Sports, Movies, Netflix, Multiroom etc? 

Not fussed about Netflix, movies or multiroom. Sport maybe if the price was right. If not everything else bar the premium stuff and the fastest broadband. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions from me...

A friend of mine wants a better deal on her Sky TV. Best way still to call up to cancel and then wait for them to phone you back with a better offer? (her current deal is embarrassingly bad so it won't be hard to get a better one!)

Secondly, I've convinced my mom to upgrade to Sky. She currently pays £32 a month for shit internet with NowTV and crap TV with them, that she barely uses because she has to use an app on her smart TV which doesn't even work anymore (The app not the tv)
Best deal I can find her through Sky website is £45 a month with £30 set up fees for Sky Q 1TB box with all the basic channels plus HD and internet. Anyway to improve on that? She's happy to pay that but just looking for the best deal. I assume for new customers it's just pay the actual offer on the website.

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Best deal I can find her through Sky website is £45 a month with £30 set up fees for Sky Q 1TB box with all the basic channels plus HD and internet. Anyway to improve on that?

You can order it online via Quidco or topcashback and then pass the money on when it comes through. Usually it takes 2-3 months.

Currently it’s £45-£100 cashback depending on what package you order at Quidco or upto £150 at Topcashback (they have an exclusive offer).

Get Sky TV and Sky Broadband Superfast + BoostExclusiveSky TV & Sky Broadband Superfast with Broadband Boost for £44 p/m for 18 months. £29.95 setup fees.Prices may change during this period.£150.00 Cashback
sky-sq.png

Get Sky TV and Sky Broadband SuperfastExclusiveSky TV & Broadband Superfast for £39 p/m for 18 months. £29.95 setup fees. Prices may change during this period.£130.00 Cashback
sky-sq.png

Sky Broadband Superfast + Broadband BoostExclusiveSky Broadband Superfast + 
Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Genie said:

You can order it online via Quidco or topcashback and then pass the money on when it comes through. Usually it takes 2-3 months.

Currently it’s £45-£100 cashback depending on what package you order at Quidco or upto £150 at Topcashback (they have an exclusive offer).

Holy shit I forgot about that :D

I'll definitely do that for her. Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 1

On 31/08/2020 at 11:20, Genie said:

Get Sky TV and Sky Broadband Superfast + BoostExclusiveSky TV & Sky Broadband Superfast with Broadband Boost for £44 p/m for 18 months. £29.95 setup fees.Prices may change during this period.£150.00 Cashback
sky-sq.png

Get Sky TV and Sky Broadband SuperfastExclusiveSky TV & Broadband Superfast for £39 p/m for 18 months. £29.95 setup fees. Prices may change during this period.£130.00 Cashback
sky-sq.png

Sky Broadband Superfast + Broadband BoostExclusiveSky Broadband Superfast + 

Quidco is amazing. Cant believe eveeyine doesnt have it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Quidco is amazing. Cant believe eveeyine doesnt have it

You have to check Quidco and topcashback as one sometimes has exclusive deals that the other doesn’t, in this case topcashback paying £50 more than Quidco.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello one and all

I've got skyQ + 2x multi room with basic TV package, Bband (ul) and line. Paying £52.52 pm.

Not bothered about movies as I have Netflix and Prime + I can just DL anything I want.

Thats ending in November, whats the play these days regarding getting best new deal etc, wouldnt mind adding Sports.

What are others paying on here, any help/advise would be greatly appreciated. 

UTV

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hello one and all

I've got skyQ + 2x multi room with basic TV package, Bband (ul) and line. Paying £52.52 pm.

Not bothered about movies as I have Netflix and Prime + I can just DL anything I want.

Thats ending in November, whats the play these days regarding getting best new deal etc, wouldnt mind adding Sports.

What are others paying on here, any help/advise would be greatly appreciated. 

UTV

I've only recently got Sky and just went up to one of the guys at the stall in my nearest shopping mall in creepy Crawley.  It seemed to me as he had worked there a long time and was at a certain level he had access to more deals and was cutting the price everywhere.  I've got Sky Q, boxsets, broadband and Sky Sports for £57 a month but that's as a new customer so it'll be tough to get that again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Anything handy of late?

Not that recent, but in April when Sky last put the prices up, I phoned 'em up and told them I was cancelling my Sky HD contract that would have been going up to 44 quid (sports and the normal channels).

I got Sky Q installed free, plus a better package (including UHD) for 42 quid a month for either a year, or 18 months, I forget which.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

That time again where I've had to leave Sky so that they give me a better offer.

They've offered the following for £46 per month

- Sports/Cinema/Signature
- HD/UHD
- Sky Go extra

I am currently paying £39 a month for Virgin Media 350mb broadband. They have offered the following for £104 per month

- 1GB broadband
- Sports/Cinema/All the other channels
- BT
- Mini box
- o2 SIM - unlimited data etc

Great offer on the face of it but I don't really need the minibox or the SIM

Anyone had a decent offer lately? Is it worth me just waiting it out?

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Its got dreadful reviews

It seems like a terrible idea. 
A lot of people want very specific brands and specifications on their TV’s, and the main box isn’t really an issue. It’s fixing a problem that doesn’t really exist.

I bet it turns out to be a disaster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It seems like a terrible idea. 
A lot of people want very specific brands and specifications on their TV’s, and the main box isn’t really an issue. It’s fixing a problem that doesn’t really exist.

I bet it turns out to be a disaster. 

I've just bought a nice TV and never even considered glass, as you say, the big boys know how to make these things better then anyone. It's a swerve from me until I hear it's the dogs danglers.

Waiting list apparently. Cost's seem cheap, but........................

You pay for the TV per month, plus Sky subs and even though the TV has Dolby Atmos and UHD they even charge extra per month for that??

I know someone who has it, not all subs and costing him £159 a month, he's got some doe himself, but that's crazy money

• Shocked 2

Â