Sky TV packages

Pongotastic

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I need to ring Sky as some of my packages are out of contract  ( i added them at different times )

but I looked at BT and it appears I can get the same channels , I.e Sports , Netflix , paramount + , movies , Sky Atlantic  etc for about £40 less a month  ..and BT include the TNT sports into the deal , which Sky want £28 a month for !! 

not sure when my Sky Broadband contract ends as i did it separately  , but at face value BT seems a much better deal than Sky 

When you say BT, do you mean as the TV provider? I didn’t know they did it. I guess it’s all via the broadband if so.

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

When you say BT, do you mean as the TV provider? I didn’t know they did it. I guess it’s all via the broadband if so.

yeah BT / EE  .. sounds like through the BB itself , but then it does also talk about a TV Ariel and installation if you don't have one , so maybe its a mix 

not idea what the hardware and user interface is like compared to Sky though 

wouldn't usually care too much about TNT sport , but as we are going to be playing in Europe for the foreseeable future :)  its some channels I might consider getting now 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genie said:

My mate  👀 pays £60 for 12 months, all sports in the world, almost every movie and box set ever made, all PPV boxing, WWE and UFC. Even optional adult channels. 

Every weekend they sort links of the PL games into 1 folder so you don’t have to look through the channels, they add the links with the name of the match. You can install the app on a firestick or on your phone or tablet or all of them.

He’s had it with the same supplier for about 4 years without issue.

I too have a mate who has a package / deal similar to this , he’s also been with them about the same amount of time , he’s very happy 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chine said:

I too have a mate who has a package / deal similar to this , he’s also been with them about the same amount of time , he’s very happy 

Is that the lesser known 8th dwarf ? 

• 2 months later...

I just rung Sky to cancel , I've got all the channels  and tbh wasn't keen on cancelling anyway  , but thought I'd see what they would do 

got £59 a month of my bill and TNT sport ( additional £28) added to the package into the bargain , so a cool £87 a month 

The TNT bit was a an added bonus as I asked how much it would be to add it now that my team are on it for European football  , he asked Who i supported turned out  the guy at the end of the phone was a West Ham fan and as about 50% of my mates support West Ham we had a long chat about Prague where they won the conference  and Moyes  and Phillips  etc etc etc and it ended with him adding it for free :) 

I'm probably still paying more than I should for TV and broadband , but that wasn't a bad 20 mins of my time  .. £1044 a year saving (on paper at least) 

• Like 4

Â