Coventry City locked out of ground

StanBalaban

I work in Cov and in all my 3 years working here and being out and about I have noboby who gives a shit about Coventry City FC. I have seen in that time about 2 people wearing their replica kits which look spazmoid, and come to think of it I hardly see anyone talk about, have a passion for or there is a buzz about sport in general. Except when the Olympics was on. It really is an apathetic shithole of a place.

Saw my grandad today, he's been going down there for 50 years (was actually a villa fan up to age 16!), and was close to tears talking about the state of the club today.

200 season tickets sold + ~150 other home tickets for the first game in Northampton. Confirmed they have had 10 points deducted now.

Haven't seen any pics of it, although haven't scoured twitter yet, but I heard there was an AVFC sisu out banner hung up at VP earlier after this news broke.

Majority of fans feel let down by the football league. Perfectly understandable. I want to see them start fresh in non league. Heard about the protest at the Boro friendly as well, match length protest, black balloons released at kick off - my grandad commented that the saddest thing was, 10 mins in to the game, the Cov fans just didn't want to watch the game. Horrible stuff. Seems a lot of their fans are going to be watching Boro, Hinkleh, or Barwell instead this season.

The stadium move is the cause of all of their problems really.   They essentially committed themselves into moving there before they got relegated and it strikes me that all the budgeting for the stadium seemed to assume that they would be on Premier League money for the foreseeable future. 

2-0 down away at Crawley after half an hour and the game has been halted to clear up a Coventry pitch invasion. I know it's not the done thing, but we're watching a club die and I am starting to feel a little bit sorry for them. It'll pass. :)

Incidentally, if Coventry go bust and small heath go bust, is that good news for our future, and I guess Albions future too?

No great love for them, it was brilliant relegating them all those years ago. A club that's been in decline for years now and just shows how crap the fit and proper persons test is seeing what Sisu have done.

That said, they were still taking the mick last season, financially in trouble yet still signing the likes of Leon Clarke and McGoldrick on loan deals with hefty wages. Swindon are like that aswell, hope they go the same way.

I work with Cov fans who are decent people and good football fans, if it can happen to them then it can happen to almost any of us.

I feel for them as fans. Football is a mess, a disaster waiting to happen. It will only change when a Man U type team hits the shit.

Â