Coventry City locked out of ground

StanBalaban

Well well...just read they are hoping to groundshare with WALSALL for three seasons!

I would say "how the mighty have fallen" but the Vermin Felchers were never mighty to begin with

A nothing club having fed off an FA Cup win for too many years. Would'nt be a loss.

Besides, the father-in-laws a sky blue haha!

Come to think of it, I would'nt have any reason to take the piss if they disappeared without trace, so......

Good, I hope they never come back.

Why do you dislike them?

If you had ever made the trip to Highfield Road back in the day you would know.

Horrible club and fans.

Absolutely this.

I remember going there when we beat them 1-0, I think it was Garry Thompson that scored?

The police gave us loads of shit on the way back to the station, then made us all walk through a big park, straight into an ambush by their fans.

I got slapped a couple of times and spat on, dirty bottle less words removed, I was a nine stone ringing wet teenager at the time, and these were big hairy blokes knocking us about.

The police did feck all to stop it, only dishing out more grief if we stepped out of line.

That's why I hate their poxy club and their scummy fans.

Edited by villadude
  • Like 1

I never understood why their fans just went completely batshit insane when Villa came to town.

After a few of our wins I was literally chased all the way from the ground back to the station. After a few episodes of this me and my father just flatly refused to go there ever again!

I never understood why their fans just went completely batshit insane when Villa came to town.

After a few of our wins I was literally chased all the way from the ground back to the station. After a few episodes of this me and my father just flatly refused to go there ever again!

It's called Massive Inferiority Complex

I've followed us home and away, domestic and European and the trips to Highfield Road were the worse I've ever experienced.

As a kid it frightened me and even as a teenage it put me on edge and there were numerous times when I or the people I was with found themselves on the end of things from their vermin fans. It wasn't a minority of them either like at most clubs, they were all like it.

Horrible city, horrible club, horrible old ground filled with horrible people.

I celebrated the day we put them down and I often think of their fan with his "we'll be back" banner and smile to myself thinking no you bloody won't.

I have no sympathy for them at all, above and beyond being a Villa fan I'm a football fan and that means I'd never want to see a club go to the wall not even Birmingham City but I'd make an exception for these lot.

• Like 3

Exactly. The last time I went to Highfield Road before they knocked it down was around October 1995 I think, when we beat them 3-0. The only good thing about going there was that it was always an easy 3 points. But the ground was a cesspit and the grief you'd get before and after a game was just insane.

When we decided to leave the game early, near the ground you could see it getting ugly, ripping up paving slabs etc. Their "fans" were waiting for us and police did a piss poor job. Bottles, bricks, glass you name it. It wasnt just youths doing it either, but guys in their 50s and 60s! I'm surprised nobody died.

After legging it to the railway station for the 5th time in as many away visits, we vowed never to go there again!

Exactly. The last time I went to Highfield Road before they knocked it down was around October 1995 I think, when we beat them 3-0. The only good thing about going there was that it was always an easy 3 points. But the ground was a cesspit and the grief you'd get before and after a game was just insane.

When we decided to leave the game early, near the ground you could see it getting ugly, ripping up paving slabs etc. Their "fans" were waiting for us and police did a piss poor job. Bottles, bricks, glass you name it. It wasnt just youths doing it either, but guys in their 50s and 60s! I'm surprised nobody died.

After legging it to the railway station for the 5th time in as many away visits, we vowed never to go there again!

They named their stadium after you, what more do you want?

• Like 2

I celebrated the day we put them down and I often think of their fan with his "we'll be back" banner and smile to myself thinking no you bloody won't.

Funny, I just posted about this tit in a Facebook thread about this topic...and here's the 'tard himself

HbXaC51.jpg

Bahahahahaaaaaaa :D

• Like 1

Good, I hope they never come back.

Why do you dislike them?

If you had ever made the trip to Highfield Road back in the day you would know.

Horrible club and fans.

Yes I have been to Highfield Road to see Villa quite a few times. It wasn't the most pleasant experience I agree and the walk back to the station was fraught with danger but the same could be said for many away trips in those days. I don't hate the club though!

• 1 month later...

They will cease to exist within a year or two. No one will travel to support them, which will make them lose their only way of income

We will probably never play them again, and the last time we did, it started their slow death

• Like 1

Â