Coventry City locked out of ground

StanBalaban

Exactly. The last time I went to Highfield Road before they knocked it down was around October 1995 I think, when we beat them 3-0. The only good thing about going there was that it was always an easy 3 points. But the ground was a cesspit and the grief you'd get before and after a game was just insane.

When we decided to leave the game early, near the ground you could see it getting ugly, ripping up paving slabs etc. Their "fans" were waiting for us and police did a piss poor job. Bottles, bricks, glass you name it. It wasnt just youths doing it either, but guys in their 50s and 60s! I'm surprised nobody died.

After legging it to the railway station for the 5th time in as many away visits, we vowed never to go there again!

I was at that game with my old man and remember it well . We were walking side by side after the game and trying to keep a low profile amongst the madness when a house brick flew between both of our heads . A few inches either side and one of us could have been blinded or worse. My dad was the most peaceful man I ever knew but he was absolutely livid . Anyway one of the Villa mob alongside us had seen what had happened and had also seen the shithead who threw it . He made a sneaky beeline around the to the side of the guy and threw the most violent right hook I have ever seen in real life . The guy collapsed in a heap and a massive cheer went up around us and even my dad rejoiced a little . I was absolutely shitting myself all the way until we got on the M6. I never saw anything like that again until the sty games when they first came up .

Horrible scumbags and I hope they go out of business.

• Like 1

In all honesty, I think its a shame for any club to go into administration. Not every Coventry fan is a tosser and I wouldn't wish it upon any group of fans to lose the team they support, not even Small Heath.

• Like 2

In all honesty, I think its a shame for any club to go into administration. Not every Coventry fan is a tosser and I wouldn't wish it upon any group of fans to lose the team they support, not even Small Heath.

Normally I would agree, I make an exception for Coventry.

• Like 1

Normally I would agree, I make an exception for small heath alliance
  • Like 4

Normally I would agree, I make an exception for small heath alliance

It is a very close run thing that for me between the two, it really is.

Old man lives in Norwich and he got given a few free tickets to see them play Coventry at home the year Norwich got relegated from the championship. Coventry fans were singing so many anti villa chants, made us laugh how they could be so obsessed still 7 years after we relegated them. 

Awful club, neanderthal fans, I can't muster up any sympathy for them. Like others have stated, visits to Highfield Rd were particularly unpleasant. 

I hope they remain in the doldrums for a long time.

When we had that shitty period over Christmas it was a Cov fan on FB who was giving me the most shit.

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

:lol:

• Like 1

This is all hilarious. A guy I work with is from Cov (not a City fan, he's an Evertonian through family) and he's having a right old chortle over the ground share thing. He even refused to buy his daughter a Cov shirt for Xmas once!

Â