Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Lambert has to start bloodying the younger AM's if he's not going to buy one. Start with Gardener and Tonev in the weaker games, then move on to get Grealish some games.

Yep. If even one of them comes good, we're in pretty good shape. 

I'm happy. 

Lambert has to start bloodying the younger AM's if he's not going to buy one. Start with Gardener and Tonev in the weaker games, then move on to get Grealish some games.

Always saw Gardner as more of a "deep playmaker" almost like Gerrard (word removed). Grealish is a wide player too, no?

Can't really see us playing 3 up top and an attacking midfielder at the same time.

If we revert to 4-4-2 with 2 wingers then I can't see us playing an attacking midfielder among the 2 in the middle either.

Another Delph like player would be nice. ie someone who can break up play and carry the ball forward. We may already have one in the players that have been signed so far.

pretty brutal teaching methods - but if it works...

• Like 2

Just got in and seen the Kozak signing. Don't honestly know a fat lot about him, but I don't know much about football management either, so I'll bow to Lamberts better judgement on it and see how it pans out.

Anyway, he's now a Villa player so he'll do for me.

Think that's all from us now. It hasnt been a bad window, there are a few positions we could have done with improving (defensive midfield, attacking midfield and centre back cover) but I guess Lambert is building a team and sees enough in what we have. I'm glad we got the bulk of our work done early, lets see where we are in January.

Shane Long would be superb competition for Andi. Theyre essentially the same style of play so would suit us perfectly.

Bizarre they are offing him to Hull and replacing with Anichebe. Absolutely mental. 

I think Anichebe is there to fill a Lukaku sized hole!