Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

This has to be a pisstake yes? 

The Sheet

EDIT: OMG we're signing Valderama!!!!11!!11

'Fraid so Eamesy, the tag on the photo would suggest it was taken by a professional rather than an opportunist spotter with a camera phone.

Plus I don't think we have room in the squad for Sideshow Bob.

Ah balls. Hadn't seen the copyright tag. 

Fucksocks 

Anyone else getting irritated by the Bale signing getting repeated over and over and over stating that he is the most costly player ever. Especially irritating when inflation adjusted he isn't. According to Forbes, Cristiano's inflation adjusted price is $141,000,000, that just under £91,000,000 in todays money. Gareth Bales fee is £85,300,000 in todays money, I really hate useless inaccurate journalism as half the time the public believe the cr*p that's written.

Anyone else getting irritated by the Bale signing getting repeated over and over and over stating that he is the most costly player ever. Especially irritating when inflation adjusted he isn't. According to Forbes, Cristiano's inflation adjusted price is $141,000,000, that just under £91,000,000 in todays money. Gareth Bales fee is £85,300,000 in todays money, I really hate useless inaccurate journalism as half the time the public believe the cr*p that's written.

But it is the most expensive transfer ever. Inflation isn't taken into account for transfer records, otherwise the most expensive player would probably be from the 20th century.

What is annoying is the wankfest Sky are currently having over it though.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

What we've got to inflation adjust every move now? Then surly Zidane is.

C'mon boys! Lets have a signing! 

But it is the most expensive transfer ever. Inflation isn't taken into account for transfer records, otherwise the most expensive player would probably be from the 20th century.

What is annoying is the wankfest Sky are currently having over it though.

They do the same thing with movies though whenever they report box office opening records.

So with receiving £1.75m for Bannan and £2m for Bent how much have we spent this summer? About £6m? 

But the manager Is going to get backed, what ever that means.

What we've got to inflation adjust every move now? Then surly Zidane is.

To work out the relative values of prices from two periods in time you need to take into account inflation. £10,000 in 1900 is of greater value than £10,000 in 2000. The relative value you'd say would be more for Bale but not the absolute value (other things taken into account). The true value of Ronaldo is basically more, basically £80,000,000 four years ago is worth more than £85,300,000 today.