Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I agree with everyone who said we should've picked up a creative midfielder, before we signed anyone in the window I thought that would be a top priority. We just don't have what it takes to unlock a team we've pinned back.

I want a dejan savicevic.

I know we are probably done, but with Fellaini and Herrera probably joining Man Utd tonight it would be interested to see what the response to a Nick Powell bid would be. Crewe fans are still raving about how great he was (keep in mind that he played with Westwood and Luke Murphy who doesn't get too many mentions in their forums these days).

Just been announced he's gone on loan to Wigan.

Hmmm, ok. Probably a good signing for them then.

Still hope we're in for a surprise, but looks unlikely. Could do with one extra midfielder in the squad, even if it isn't that exiting AM we all wanted. 

Purely from a balancing books perspective it would be good to see Given sent out on loan.

Overall though it's so good to have replaced Makoun, Bannan, Delfouneso, Dunne, Bent, Holman and Ireland with Tonev, Bacuna, Helenius, Okore, Luna and Kozak. We have some players that will actually contribute now.

Yeah Given going ain't a given. I'd also wonder whether Stoke are paying all of Stephen England's wages. But the main thing is that it's still a massive step forward.

I'd also wonder whether Stoke are paying all of Stephen England's wages. But the main thing is that it's still a massive step forward.

Its a good point!

However it could be argued that we wanted rid of Ireland a bit more.

Anyone else think this deadline day is theatre written by Sky News? It seems obvious to me now that Man Utd are going to nab Ozil from under Arsenal's nose and Arsenal are going to retaliate by out-bidding Utd for Felliani. 

Then there is the Tom Ince trade. So quiet, that one. Is absolutely nobody going to put a bid in? Villa might be able to get him and he's young enough for Lambert's project.

Anyone else think this deadline day is theatre written by Sky News? It seems obvious to me now that Man Utd are going to nab Ozil from under Arsenal's nose and Arsenal are going to retaliate by out-bidding Utd for Felliani. 

Then there is the Tom Ince trade. So quiet, that one. Is absolutely nobody going to put a bid in? Villa might be able to get him and he's young enough for Lambert's project.

You're obsessed with Tom Ince!

Anyone else think this deadline day is theatre written by Sky News?

No shit! They have really gone hook line and sinker for all this transfer deadline bollocks, you've even got sad words removed BETTING on transfers. Its like Human Resources gone mad. I blame Football Manager (and Sky News).

You're obsessed with Tom Ince!

Is Tom Ince best mates with Barry Bannan?

• Like 1

Think I heard on SSN or talk sport that Ince is staying put for 1 more year

He was willing to move though, wasn't he? You don't leave it to the last day to say you are staying, if you really wanted to stay. There must have been no interest.