Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Shane Long would be superb competition for Andi. Theyre essentially the same style of play so would suit us perfectly.

Bizarre they are offing him to Hull and replacing with Anichebe. Absolutely mental. 

I think Anichebe is there to fill a Lukaku sized hole!

Odemwingie, Lukaku and Long out

Anichebe, Vydra and Anelka in.

Not sure what to make of that. If Anelka can get some form he'll be an asset, Vydra is quality but not sure they can replace Lukaku and Long.

Happy with a lot of the signings. Feel we're gunna have plenty of dull games at Villa Park where we'll struggle to unlock the opposition's defence.... but hey, we don't need creativity eh.

Its been some time since we had the problem of not unlocking a teams defence. There's going to be the odd game (like Liverpool - who've not conceded a goal in the league yet) but mainly that hasn't been a problem for most of this calendar year

Happy with a lot of the signings. Feel we're gunna have plenty of dull games at Villa Park where we'll struggle to unlock the opposition's defence.... but hey, we don't need creativity eh.

Its been some time since we had the problem of not unlocking a teams defence. There's going to be the odd game (like Liverpool - who've not conceded a goal in the league yet) but mainly that hasn't been a problem for most of this calendar year

most people don't just lazily write us off as being shit now though...

I still think our problems will be at the other end of the pitch - ie conceeding to many goals. All of the players are new to the PL be interesting to see how quickly they adapt.

Maybe we'll see a late night loan swoop a la Dawkins.

I still think our problems will be at the other end of the pitch - ie conceeding to many goals. All of the players are new to the PL be interesting to see how quickly they adapt.

See the first 3 games for more information.

I think that's because teams have seen us as beatable so would come to VP and go win. Now I'm sure some of the relegation teams will come and make sure to defend deep and not let us counter attack. It's that type of scenario where we'd play a bit of midfield guile and it's a position where those players are naturally gifted and get spotted more often than other positions. It;s why we have had trouble filling it as we're priced out of the few we were linked with.

I think Tonev might grow into that position if he stops being a luntic and lears to speak English

If Sigurðsson really is available then he'll surely go to us rather than Sunderland? He'd be a perfect player for us and the biggest bonus would be his set pieces.

Really can't see us and Spurs doing any business this window, especially a loan deal