Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

James McCarthy would be a great addition to solidify the midfield. 

I'd say he's exactly the last kind of midfielder we need. 

Another striker ?

Not likely with 4 plus Bowery already in the squad

I don't see us being relegation material this season, so I think we could wait and see whether any of the current crop are able to fill this AM/hole position first before needing to bring one in. If none of Helenius/Tonev/Carruthers/El Ahmadi/Bacuna/Zog are capable, there is still the option of maybe moving Weimann inside.

I don't think we know yet that we don't already have the player we need.

• Like 2

I don't see us being relegation material this season, so I think we could wait and see whether any of the current crop are able to fill this AM/hole position first before needing to bring one in. If none of Helenius/Tonev/Carruthers/El Ahmadi/Bacuna/Zog are capable, there is still the option of maybe moving Weimann inside.

Indeed this.

We have plenty of options up top. As with all new signings there are no guarantees but I'm more than confident we have enough going forward. We're going to score lots and lots of goals.

It's the other end that we need to concentrate on. I'd shop Clark around and go in for somebody else, but that's just me.

• Like 1

Well said.

We have enough players now, bringing in an ACm would only limit the chances of Tonev, Helenius and Bacuna, not to mention Nzgobia, Carruthers, Gardner and Grealish.

I still think we will bring in another 2 players before the deadline closes.

Because we have been linked with several attacking Midfielders I'm convinced this is what Lambo will eventually do. This is where I believe the large majority of the money secured from the proposed sales of the Bomb squad will automatically be invested.

The 2nd signing could literally be purchased to cover any position as Lambert as a good eye for lower league talent & surprisingly we are yet to swoop for anybody of note from League 1 or 2 so far this window.

Alfred Finnbogason got 2 at weekend in Eredivisie, Celtic couldn't afford the 5million!! if Bent goes would love to see him brought in, he is a lethal goalscorer and watched a lot of him last season, he would fit the Lambert philosophy!! i know been linked with him past, but would love see him in C&B!! he can also play the hole behind the front 3 as well!!

Finnbogason has been linked with us in this window, would love to have him here, he's going to be some striker. Him, Kiyotake and another centre beck would make this a great transfer window and set us up for a great campaign.

I see that Kiyotake seems to be gaining momentum in terms of internet rumours (excluding those by you know who), I see we are supposed to have met him today although that sounds like BS if we haven't agreed a fee, but maybe no smoke without fire.....

Alfred Finnbogason got 2 at weekend in Eredivisie, Celtic couldn't afford the 5million!! if Bent goes would love to see him brought in, he is a lethal goalscorer and watched a lot of him last season, he would fit the Lambert philosophy!! i know been linked with him past, but would love see him in C&B!! he can also play the hole behind the front 3 as well!!

Finnbogason has been linked with us in this window, would love to have him here, he's going to be some striker. Him, Kiyotake and another centre beck would make this a great transfer window and set us up for a great campaign.

I see that Kiyotake seems to be gaining momentum in terms of internet rumours (excluding those by you know who), I see we are supposed to have met him today although that sounds like BS if we haven't agreed a fee, but maybe no smoke without fire.....

Who said we met him today?

James McCarthy would be a great addition to solidify the midfield. 

I really thought we'd try get him

Have you heard what they're asking for him.

Not coming here unless there's a 75% sale on.

Based on what has dribbled out of the fan forum with Lambert and also Kinnear not talking rubbish about Remy going there, I assume interest in Bent is legitimate meaning hopefully we get to sign a couple more players.

People seem so certain we are after an AM, I suspect there might be a lot of disappointed people come the end of the window.

Do you not think it's a weak spot in our team Trent? Fair enough we might not have actually bid for anyone yet but I'd say once we've hopefully stabilised back in mid table this season this is a position we need to look at if we want to challenge the top 6 again sometime particularly with the forward line we now have.

A midfield trio of Sylla-Westwood-Delph is good, has lots of engery but attacking it ain't. No league goals from any of them last season and I don't see that changing much this season so firstly we need some goals from central midfield.

Gary Gardner could be that player but I'd prefer not to put too much pressure on someone who's just had a year out injured. Helenius and Tonev could well be options there but I see Tonev as more of a wide player and Helenius will probably be needed right upfront if Benteke is injured/suspended although he does seem a Berbatov type forward in the positions he picks up on the field which is promising.

Westwood-Delph-Sylla will serve us well for now but as we hopefully move higher up the league we will need more goals and creativity from central midfield. Certainly two of those + Kiayotate sounds much better to me.

People seem so certain we are after an AM, I suspect there might be a lot of disappointed people come the end of the window.

Do you not think it's a weak spot in our team Trent? Fair enough we might not have actually bid for anyone yet but I'd say once we've hopefully stabilised back in mid table this season this is a position we need to look at if we want to challenge the top 6 again sometime particularly with the forward line we now have.

A midfield trio of Sylla-Westwood-Delph is good, has lots of engery but attacking it ain't. No league goals from any of them last season and I don't see that changing much this season so firstly we need some goals from central midfield.

Gary Gardner could be that player but I'd prefer not to put too much pressure on someone who's just had a year out injured. Helenius and Tonev could well be options there but I see Tonev as more of a wide player and Helenius will probably be needed right upfront if Benteke is injured/suspended although he does seem a Berbatov type forward in the positions he picks up on the field which is promising.

Westwood-Delph-Sylla will serve us well for now but as we hopefully move higher up the league we will need more goals and creativity from central midfield. Certainly two of those + Kiayotate sounds much better to me.