Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Well the FCN director of football said that we had enquired about Kiyotake over a month ago so there is every reason to think that we are trying to get him. Never mind what Julie b has to say on the matter she is of no relevance but that doesnt mean that we arent after him.

Lambert was playing Tonev in an attacking midfield role today and then Helenius for a bit so it looks to me like our main formation in midfield for next year will have 2 central midfielders and an attacking midfielder which adds to the case that we could be after Kiyotake.

It does seem legit that we are after this Japanese fellow. But why that Julie woman goes on and on about it like it's some top secret info she's broken is beyond me

He does look a great little player mind, and pretty much what we need between midfield and attack

I never believed we were in for Belhanda and so it proved, that was all smoke created by the Montpellier president.

Obviously there was an inquiry by us and it has gone no further yet, the bid stuff are just rumours. However there will be scope to get another attack minded player into the squad if Bent, Bannan (both still realistic) and Ireland (which isn't) all leave by the end of the window. That would mean a striker and two apparent attack minded midfielders will have left the squad.

I don't believe wages will be an issue either, a player at a mid table Bundesliga club won't be earning more than 30k I reckon if that.

As far as I can tell the only thing that has happened in regards to Kiyotake is that a journo said we bid 7.5m a month ago and it was rejected. That's it. 

I think we've walked away from this deal now.

If god forbid Luna gets injured... Bennett will take his spot again? no other real option I can think of?

Maybe he'll come good this season.. I really hope so.

baker and clark can both play there

but Bennett isn't that bad, time out of the firing line, get bulked up, get some confidence, cut out the panicking and silly stuff on the ball and theres a decent enough player in there to be a back up option

• Like 1

I've had a reliable whisper come my way Re: playmaker. If I were to guess(!!!) our target now, I would say either Ivelin Popov or Kiyotake.

Had another message through. I think Villa will bid for Kiyotake soon (I'm seriously not joking).

We are yet to bid for Kiyotake, but we enquired many weeks ago. We also enquired for many others, but I think Kiyotake is our target.

Amazing! That's the third message. Aston Villa ARE 100% after Horishi Kiyotake, but have 100% NOT bid ... yet.

He's by no means a reliable ITK. But interesting all the same.

Steve Hunt @ASTVIL123

I've had a reliable whisper come my way Re: playmaker. If I were to guess(!!!) our target now, I would say either Ivelin Popov or Kiyotake.

Steve Hunt @ASTVIL123

Had another message through. I think Villa will bid for Kiyotake soon (I'm seriously not joking).

Steve Hunt @ASTVIL123

We are yet to bid for Kiyotake, but we enquired many weeks ago. We also enquired for many others, but I think Kiyotake is our target.

Steve Hunt @ASTVIL123

Amazing! That's the third message. Aston Villa ARE 100% after Horishi Kiyotake, but have 100% NOT bid ... yet.

He's by no means a reliable ITK. But interesting all the same.

He said the complete opposite a few weeks back.