Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Did Lambert come out tonight and say we had inquired about Kioytake but didnt bid yet?

Yes which was what Pete colley and matt Kendrick said had happened in early June.

Did Lambert come out tonight and say we had inquired about Kioytake but didnt bid yet?

Yes which was what Pete colley and matt Kendrick said had happened in early June.

Why did he not bid i wonder. Too expensive or playing the waiting game like Benteke last season.

Or doesn't want to get involved in a tug of war unless the player intimates he wants to come here such as benteke who kicked up a fuss when we had a bid rejected. We also made an approach for popov too which went no further than an inquiry.

Or doesn't want to get involved in a tug of war unless the player intimates he wants to come here such as benteke who kicked up a fuss when we had a bid rejected. We also made an approach for popov too which went no further than an inquiry.

I think popov didnt really want to leave and came out and said as much

• Like 1

I completely agree. If we just shift Bent and Bannan in the next few weeks which is still very possible that's 70-80k off the wage bill and space for another attack minded player in the squad (I've given up hope on Ireland leaving) so yeah I really don't think this link with the Japanese lad is dead at all. It's a bit of a gut feeling aswell as I never thought there was any interest in Belhanda at all and that proved correct.

What way are nuremburg finiancly? Do they have to sell

Think they would at the right price, but they only bought him last season and he was their stand out performer. Similar to us with Benteke basically, they will have a figure in mind and if we won't meet out then they will keep him, no haggling allowed I would assume.

Just seen "her" say this:

@GetYerHandsOff @jw248 @JSoccerMagazine We've made an enquiry...we can't make a bid of 8.5M to release Kiyo's clause cos he won't respond

She's now backtracking after numerous weeks saying Villa had made 3 bids to saying we can't/haven't bid. Further proof she spouts shite.

Hope PL goes into bid for him though.

Aston Villa are waiting to offload their flops before stepping up interest in Nuremberg’s Japanese star Hiroshi Kiyotake.

Villa want rid of Darren Bent, Barry Bannan, Alan Hutton, Nathan Delfouneso, Shay Given, Stephen Ireland and Enda Stevens.

But club chiefs don’t want to let their gaggle of big-earning outcasts go on the cheap, with hefty pay-offs.

The Villans are holding out until the final days of the summer window in the hope of finding better terms before cashing in and may then move for 23-year-old attacking midfielder Kiyotake.

Manager Paul Lambert was impressed by his performances at the London Olympics and was first linked with the player last month, but the Germans are reluctant to sell for less than £10million.

Kiyotake, who has played 19 times for Japan, scored four times and had 10 assists during his debut season in the Bundesliga.

Lambert has already been very active this summer in bringing in six players, but the club now want to shift their dead wood before buying again.

Meanwhile, Lambert insists two of his best summer buys are on course to make an impact at the start of the Premier League season.

Bulgaria midfielder Aleksandar Tonev and Denmark defender Jores Okore only played in the first game of the Villans' German tour before being sidelined with injuries.

But they returned in Sunday's 2-0 win at Shamrock Rovers and are on course to start at Arsenal in the opening league game on August 17.

Lambert said: "Alex and Jores have been out for a month, so for them to get 45 minutes is important.

"The most important thing, which I have said from day one, is no injuries.

"It was a game we looked pretty comfortable in. It's another victory. We are getting there. We have one more week to go now."

The Mirror - James Nursey. He doesn't often like to put his name to stuff that he thinks is bull. Generally the articles that are obvious fabrication are usually 'Mirror Sports Journalist' or someone else. Not saying he's always right by any means. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

Aston Villa are waiting to offload their flops before stepping up interest in Nuremberg’s Japanese star Hiroshi Kiyotake.

Villa want rid of Darren Bent, Barry Bannan, Alan Hutton, Nathan Delfouneso, Shay Given, Stephen Ireland and Enda Stevens.

But club chiefs don’t want to let their gaggle of big-earning outcasts go on the cheap, with hefty pay-offs.

The Villans are holding out until the final days of the summer window in the hope of finding better terms before cashing in and may then move for 23-year-old attacking midfielder Kiyotake.

Manager Paul Lambert was impressed by his performances at the London Olympics and was first linked with the player last month, but the Germans are reluctant to sell for less than £10million.

Kiyotake, who has played 19 times for Japan, scored four times and had 10 assists during his debut season in the Bundesliga.

Lambert has already been very active this summer in bringing in six players, but the club now want to shift their dead wood before buying again.

Meanwhile, Lambert insists two of his best summer buys are on course to make an impact at the start of the Premier League season.

Bulgaria midfielder Aleksandar Tonev and Denmark defender Jores Okore only played in the first game of the Villans' German tour before being sidelined with injuries.

But they returned in Sunday's 2-0 win at Shamrock Rovers and are on course to start at Arsenal in the opening league game on August 17.

Lambert said: "Alex and Jores have been out for a month, so for them to get 45 minutes is important.

"The most important thing, which I have said from day one, is no injuries.

"It was a game we looked pretty comfortable in. It's another victory. We are getting there. We have one more week to go now."

The Mirror - James Nursey. He doesn't often like to put his name to stuff that he thinks is bull. Generally the articles that are obvious fabrication are usually 'Mirror Sports Journalist' or someone else. Not saying he's always right by any means.

He obvs has a contact close to the club, he was the guy who broke Bentekke signing new contract