Sunderland

Richard

their fans do my head in and ive read a bit on their forum regarding us and to be fair its the same old shit, villa have shit support, we are bigger than villa, if we had villa's success imagine what crowds we would pull blah blah blah blah. sunderland are a proper football club with great fans dont get me wrong and they have a good history behind them, also the crowds they get for how shit they are is a credit to the club BUT lets get one thing straight sunderland fans and that is that you are not in our criteria regarding big clubs, yes you are a big club but not a chance you can say your as big as villa not that it means anything anyway because we are both a load of shit.

oh and by the way our all time average attendance is 28k and yours is 24k so although you have been getting bigger crowds than us for the last few years overall we are the better supported, we also have a bigger fanbase than you which also indicates that for that reason alone our gates are not what they should be and i will admit we should get bigger crowds. size of a club is not based on crowd gates alone otherwise you would be saying you and newcastle are bigger than everton and spurs which is laughable, anyway got no grudge with sunderland as a club but some of the fans live in a fantasy world.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 4

Neither club has anything to shout about at the moment and that thread starts up once a month about different teams on rtg and it always come's down to this "we get bigger crowds"

Which is true, Sunderland get over 40k every him game, but your a one club city and that's why.

a lot more teams near us and also take into account the HUGE immigrant population we have which either wont be into football or will support the top four, also being only 2 hours from london and liverpool and manchester you have a few more glory hunters down this way. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Regardless of the spat there, I quite like Sunderland, it's always seemed to me to be a 'proper' football club, one that belongs in the top flight for what it is, regardless of this new fangled money and famous billionaire owner thing. They've got good support, reasonable history and something genuine about them; plus, I can sympathise with them having spent a fair old while watching some complete dross.

There are parallels with us and Everton, you can argue about size all you like (and we're the biggest of the three obviously, by a mile), but I think what we have in common as underachievers in the modern age is probably more relevant than our differences.

Anyway, I wish them well, although the team they're putting out is garbage and I can't see them suddenly turning it around.

i think everton are a bigger club than us but we have the potential to be the bigger out the two.

This bigger club stuff is a load of silly bollix.

its like a willy waving competition i know but at the end of the day some clubs are bigger than others but as i said it means naff all, look at man city now compared to leeds united. back  on sunderland though i think they are in serious trouble and will probably go down this season.

If it was all about attendances we might aswell say that Newcastle and Sunderland are bigger than Juventus. But l agree it is a load of bollocks. Look at Swansea and Crystal Palace. I'm sure they don't mind about having a few less in the crowd or not having a fantastic history when they're beating us.

Edited by Arj Guy

If it was all about attendances we might aswell say that Newcastle and Sunderland are bigger than Juventus. But l agree it is a load of bollocks. Look at Swansea and Crystal Palace. I'm sure they don't mind about having a few less in the crowd or not having a fantastic history when they're beating us.

...whilst we are poor to watch, gradually losing attendance over time and losing fans in the city of Birmingham to North West and London big boys.

The problem with going on a massive rant rugely is it makes us look like we have a chip on our shoulder, and we very probably do. All of our old rivals from back in the day have accelerated away from us, and we're kind of irrelevant. So, probs keep the billy big bollocks pointless debate about who's bigger quiet.

We can pipe up about this later when Larry Ellison buys us.

And this gem where the OP is being ridiculed when he is spot on.

Jesus thats a bad, seems to make RAWK level headed.

compare that thread to one of our threads before the prem started and they would say the exact same to us. There was quite a lot predicting us to finish top 10+. some even saying like 7th/8th. The only difference is we get warning/banned if we make personal attacks  that im guessing they dont which makes it a little nicer here.

• 1 month later...

I know our club is bad but that club is even more rotten, any sane manager would stay away unless really big money. Rumours of serious drinking culture at the club and any manager that challenges them loses the dressing room. also the Adam Johnson shenanigans as well

to make it worse they gave Cattermole a 6 year deal :D

• Like 1

Â