Sunderland

Richard

It's a real shame. They've basically repeated what we've done. But we got a new owner who looks like he actually cares about the club. They've got a Lerner V2 that's dragged on much longer. Now they're going to be playing League 1 football next season.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

lol wtf was that. Derby have f*cked themselves just as we have.

Honestly? Derby have completely imploded. I know the last two results have been bad but my god derby are on another level. A complete bottle job.

As for Sunderland, I hope this is turning point as I think hutton and Barnsley are down so hopefully they can catch the blosers. Although I expect ipswich to lose today as McCarthy is leaving now so nothing to play for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Honestly? Derby have completely imploded. I know the last two results have been bad but my god derby are on another level. A complete bottle job.

As for Sunderland, I hope this is turning point as I think hutton and Barnsley are down so hopefully they can catch the blosers. Although I expect ipswich to lose today as McCarthy is leaving now so nothing to play for.

What has Hutton done to deserve relegation on his own? ;)

Dems amazing typing strikes again. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

How sad are Newcastle fans

Sunderland issue cancellations after suggestions Newcastle fans purchased away tickets

Last Updated: 18/04/18 11:55am

Sunderland are hoping to avoid a repeat of 1987 at Roker Park

Sunderland have cancelled a number of tickets in the away end for their final game of the season against Wolves after suggestions they had fallen into the hands of Newcastle supporters, Sky Sports News understands.

The club are taking action after they turned away a significant number of Newcastle fans who attempted to gain access to the home match against Norwich last week.

It is thought the group of Newcastle fans planned on attending the game to mock Sunderland, who are close to being relegated to League One.

As a result, the club have closed cash turnstiles at the Stadium of Light for the remainder of the season.

Wolves have asked for additional tickets for the final game of the season as their fans celebrate promotion to the Premier League, but Sunderland have refused their request.

In 1987, when Sunderland were relegated to the third tier for the first time in their history, more than 1,000 Newcastle fans turned up at Roker Park to cheer on Gillingham during the play-off second leg which they won on away goals, consigning Sunderland to the old Third Division.

Losers

They have to pay Rodwell for another season, Lamine Kone and Cattermole are under contract until 2021. 32 year old McGeady is under contract for another 2 seasons. They might get a couple of million for Paddy McNair but they don't have any real valuable assets to move on to fund some of their expensive contracts.

Gutted for them.

We'd be in the same boat if Xia didn't buy us.

An owner that under invests for years, completely neglects the club, and can't be arsed even turning up to watch. Sound familiar? 

• Like 1

Â