Sunderland

Richard

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Coleman leaving Wales for Sunderland is a very bizarre move. His stock was as high as it was ever going to be realistically. 

We should be praisIng him for taking a hard job and not waiting for an easy premier league job.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Why?

He must be mental or stupid. (Great comeback today though)

He could have waited for a job with lot less pressure, with less constraints, with a team falling like that. Maybe a Leeds or a bottom prem team, but he took one of the hardest jobs on football right now - I respect that.

• Like 1

He's doing a useless job there and to be honest they were very fortunate yesterday to get two own goals in their favour. I just looked at their first team and I cannot believe the lack of quality they actually have, with a more competent manager they might just be able to scrape survival but that squad really doesn't look any better than relegation contenders.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's doing a useless job there and to be honest they were very fortunate yesterday to get two own goals in their favour. I just looked at their first team and I cannot believe the lack of quality they actually have, with a more competent manager they might just be able to scrape survival but that squad really doesn't look any better than relegation contenders.

The end of this post doesn't seem to fit well with the start. If the squad are 'no better than relegation contenders' then how is he doing a 'useless job'?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The end of this post doesn't seem to fit well with the start. If the squad are 'no better than relegation contenders' then how is he doing a 'useless job'?

If he was any good he'd be getting more out of them. They look a certainty to go down rather than having much hope of staying up.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If he was any good he'd be getting more out of them. They look a certainty to go down rather than having much hope of staying up.

They're three points off safety with fifteen games to go, I think that's a bit premature. 

On 2/11/2018 at 11:38, Dr_Pangloss said:

Aside from the first and last parts of this post being contradictory, he's actually doing better than relegation form.

Coleman has taken 15 points from 15 games as Sunderland manager.  If you took that over the season so far, they'd be 19th and 3 points clear of the relegation zone rather than 3 points in it.

They look poor, but they're not down just yet.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bolton now 7 points clear of Sunderland....

Sunderland will struggle to win another game this season. They are that bad.

Looks like they "had" the majority of the game against Bolton, but they look toothless up front (perhaps unsurprising having lost Grabban, who did well for them).

I think Hull will/should pull clear of the bottom places - looks like a fight between Sunderland, Burton, Barnsley, Bolton, Blues and perhaps Reading.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Looks like they "had" the majority of the game against Bolton, but they look toothless up front (perhaps unsurprising having lost Grabban, who did well for them).

I think Hull will/should pull clear of the bottom places - looks like a fight between Sunderland, Burton, Barnsley, Bolton, Blues and perhaps Reading.

I am surprised Reading have not sacked Stam 

Bolton will stay up, they've collected 30 points in their last 20 games.

Hull need to get Abel Hernandez fit again. He could be a difference in their run in.

Really when you look at Hull's squad they should be nowhere near relegation but clearly all the issues with fans and board is resulting in a lack of motivation. Whatever happened to Grosicki?

Â