Sunderland

Richard

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

They play Bolton and Millwall in their next 6 matches. If they can't get a win in those, it's over for the club. It's strange that Hull and Sunderland can both go down to League 1 despite play in the premier league only a couple seasons ago. 

There's no huge secret, both are horribly run and as we've seen with us in the later Lerner years it eventually filters down to the squad.

Hull haven't got that terrible a squad but their fans are boycotting because of Allam trying to change their name so they're playing in a half empty stadium now so players get demotivated constantly playing in that sort of atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Far higher salary than Wales job and probably a huge pay off when the inevitable happens. Financially its the best decision you could ever make! 

Waited another week or two and he'd have been in the mix for several premier league jobs.

That's the bit I can't really work out.

I actually feel a bit bad for the supporters of clubs with terrible owners. Not much they can do to fix that. I don't like to see any club suffer because of the mistakes the administration makes. I know how bad it was to be a Villa fan under Lerner those last few years, but at least we were in the premier league. Sunderland are experiencing the same thing, but they are looking at relegation to league 1. Honestly can't even say they'd bounce back up to the championship anytime soon either. They could pull a Coventry. 

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

With the dawn of the hyper money as well it's impossible for a local businessman or consortium to buy the club and fund it adequately. 

Yeah you need to really go down to league 2 to do that as Pompey did. Fan ownership but now in league 1 and wanting to push to get into the championship they need investment from the Disney guy.

It's not just taking ownership and then funding the club, it's when fans start demanding you spend 50-60m if local rivals are. 

Sunderland need a change though as Ellis Short is as useless as Lerner was for us. 

8 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Chris coleman showing why he was useless as a club manager. Whilst the ownership is a disgrace coleman must be under pressure aswel

You would think so. But I think Sunderland fans are just clinging on to Coleman as the one decent thing they have left at the club. I think they are wrong mind, I dont much rate Coleman. But I dont blame them. I mean what else do they have?

On January 31, 2018 at 14:29, VillaChris said:

There's no huge secret, both are horribly run and as we've seen with us in the later Lerner years it eventually filters down to the squad.

Hull haven't got that terrible a squad but their fans are boycotting because of Allam trying to change their name so they're playing in a half empty stadium now so players get demotivated constantly playing in that sort of atmosphere.

They will always be "The Tigers" to me. :)

Â