Sunderland

Richard

On 11/05/2017 at 19:24, Jimzk5 said:

In fairness they do have an incredibly loyal fan base, who attendance puts ours in a shadow

but they are also a club without any real competition for fans to support, a one club city really

if villa didn't have baggies wolves blues it even Walsall we'd get 70k every game.

Just remembered this little discussion from a while back and found the attendance from last night very interesting.

29.5k - I think that will gradually drop to around 25k if they aren't near the top.

I reckon we will have more than that v Hull. 

And for anyone who thinks I'm trying to start a bigger/bestest/who's dad is harder argument then you're wrong. I want to stick up for our fan base from misconceptions like the first paragraph in Jim's post.

13 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

At times they looked ok tonight and played better than I thought they would. Mid table for both Sunderland and Derby.

We played o.k at start of season but just couldn't win and then confidence dropped. Sunderland need a win soon otherwise things will start to drop.

I think when they were in the prem Sunderland used to give out big numbers of free tickets to local schools etc for home games so that's either stopped or reduced take up due to no more premier league/school holidays.

Their away support is very good though. Mentioned it before but they had a Monday night game at Crystal Palace and took 2.5k there.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We played o.k at start of season but just couldn't win and then confidence dropped. Sunderland need a win soon otherwise things will start to drop.

I think when they were in the prem Sunderland used to give out big numbers of free tickets to local schools etc for home games so that's either stopped or reduced take up due to no more premier league/school holidays.

Their away support is very good though. Mentioned it before but they had a Monday night game at Crystal Palace and took 2.5k there.

Yes, they need a win asap because they will have very little confidence. I think they will have a similar season to us last season. Free tickets have stopped this season apparently, although they still have very cheap tickets. I was always baffled to how they managed to pull in all those people whilst they was shit. Thousands of free tickets was the answer.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thousands of free tickets was the answer.

Fair play for trying to get the floating fans on board.  I would be all for Villa filling the top of the Trinity with free tickets rather than closing it.  Make money on merchandise and food and maybe get a few people getting the bug.  

Just now, S-Platt said:

Fair play for trying to get the floating fans on board.  I would be all for Villa filling the top of the Trinity with free tickets rather than closing it.  Make money on merchandise and food and maybe get a few people getting the bug.  

So would I. Not only give them to schools, but to the local communities and workplaces. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

I completely agree and don't understand why we don't do this

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 17:59, rodders0223 said:

Sunderland will be a good judging point next season, if they can go down and be competitive next year wil confirm that there is something very, very wrong with this club.

Enough said, and their owner doesn't even want to be there!

Absolute disaster of a club for years, similar situation to us, yet Grayson has them 6th in the table, unbeaten after 3 games. There is no excuse at all for the situation we find ourselves in :(

• Sad 1

This league is shit, the calibre of opposition is shit, the calibre of managers is shit, the calibre of football is shit and the calibre fo footballers is sshit.

The fact Sunderlnd have dropped down and are solid and competeitive with a team of players who a) don't want to be there b ) cost nothing c) have been cobbled together hastily over a summer shows just how **** shit Steve Bruce is.

Get the **** out.

• Like 1

Â