Sunderland

Richard

18 hours ago, sne said:

Biggest thing for me is that he's out getting pissed a week before the season starts.

Apparently Sunderland have had issues for years with a players drinking culture around the club.

I thought it was common knowledge before Sunderland even signed him that Gibson was pretty much an alcoholic tbfh. I was staggered they took him on, yet alone paid for him.

Yes, and going back Sunderland have always had an issue with drink surrounded the northern lads like Adam Johnson, Danny Grham, Titus Bramble. Cattermole, Fletcher, Wickham. If you're career is on the slide, just go to Sunderland - they will pay you like a PL footballer but you can go out and get smashed in Newcastle every week.

Edited by rodders0223

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Apparently Sunderland have had issues for years with a players drinking culture around the club.

Like us then.

One of things I'll never get with British football.

Why professional  players still do it, and why some clubs still allow it to go on.

50 minutes ago, sne said:

Like us then.

One of things I'll never get with British football.

Why professional  players still do it, and why some clubs still allow it to go on.

I think players should be terminated from their contracts if caught drinking when they are not suppose to 

"Drinking"

Does that include wine with a meal?  Or is there an entry level before which drinking becomes a problem.  It's just that if you're going to put mental into practice you'll need to finetune the wording.

57 minutes ago, BOF said:

"Drinking"

Does that include wine with a meal?  Or is there an entry level before which drinking becomes a problem.  It's just that if you're going to put mental into practice you'll need to finetune the wording.

Why would you drink wine or any form of alcohol e.g night before a game? 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I never said the night before the game and neither did you until just now.  As I said, fix the goalposts.  You can't (and shouldn't) have an outright ban and it's not particularly healthy any way.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I never said the night before the game and neither did you until just now.  As I said, fix the goalposts.  You can't (and shouldn't) have an outright ban and it's not particularly healthy any way.

I did say when you are not suppose to which is an example of one instance  ;)

Not a outward ban, like if you have a  cup week off you should be allowed. But if you said to me earn 40k a week but you cant touch alcohol until end of the season I would be more than happy to do that :)

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I did say when you are not suppose to which is an example of one instance  ;)

Not a outward ban, like if you have a  cup week off you should be allowed. But if you said to me earn 40k a week but you cant touch alcohol until end of the season I would be more than happy to do that :)

Your suggestion is unworkable, as your vague wording hints at.  You have to leave it up to the grown adult to know what gets the best out of them.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Your suggestion is unworkable, as your vague wording hints at.  You have to leave it up to the grown adult to know what gets the best out of them.

I think it is workable to be honest if clear and strategic thinking goes in. Might actually help England do better in tournaments too 

The club has now confirmed that he will be disciplined for his drunken rant. Although they might be talking about a different player?

Darron or Darren?

image.png.efdf9ca6af9e1dfbfba9cfeb995fac7d.png

Classic Blunderland

4 minutes ago, sne said:

The club has now confirmed that he will be disciplined for his drunken rant. Although they might be talking about a different player?

Darron or Darren?

image.png.efdf9ca6af9e1dfbfba9cfeb995fac7d.png

Classic Blunderland

That club is such a laughing stock

The funny thing is they actually spell it correctly the line before! 

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Pretty much every sunday league match I play I am hungover. When you get invited to go out and you have a 10am match the next morning, you just can't say no. The match always cures my hangovers, although it's a terrible time getting to the pitch.

Said on the radio they've narrowed the pitch by about 4 yards. Be interesting if that makes a significant difference as SOL has been an easy away ground for years now, just think of all the times we went up there and easily got the three points.

Â