Sunderland

Richard

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He needs to shave this off, seriously what is this?

preston_north_end_manager_simon_grayson_

I know its been said earlier... but WTF!

Simon obviously has a very stressful personal life!

Simon-Grayson-signing-for-Aston-Villa-19

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Tough job ahead of him but he is a good appointment for them, has been solidly above average in every job so far. On the subject of his hair I respect the fact that he is not vain enough to get a hair transplant.

I can understand why Sunderland fans would be upset. Grayson is decent enough at this level but you'd want more than that when you're a fairly decent sized club who has just been relegated. 

• 4 weeks later...

Said before, will say it again. God bless Sunderland.

Drunk Darron Gibson filmed slamming 's---' Sunderland and teammates 'who don’t give a f---'

•  
  •  
  •  

Sunderland midfielder Darron Gibson has been filmed verbally attacking his teammates as he accused several players of not trying hard enough because they no longer want to play for the club.

The video, which has been circulated on Twitter, shows Gibson, apparently drunk, in a heated conversation with Sunderland supporters on Saturday night.

One fan criticises the Republic of Ireland international for going out drinking after his side had been thrashed 5-0 by Celtic in a pre-season friendly at the Stadium of Light.

Gibson responds by insisting he does care about the club and wants to play well for them, before suggesting that others do not feel the same way.

Warning: video contains bad language:

When pushed, the 29-year-old, appears to claim that Lamine Kone, Jeremain Lens and Whabi Kazri, three of the club’s expensive foreign signings, do not want to play for Sunderland in the Championship

Gibson said “We’re s---…. Of course I’m bothered, I don’t want to be s---…There are too many people at the club who don’t give a f---. You tell me who doesn’t want to be at the club?”

One supporter suggests Lamine Kone, who was denied as move to Everton 12 months ago by former Sunderland manager David Moyes. “Right, there’s one” replied Gibson.

When the names of Jeremain Lens and Wahabi Khazri are also put to Gibson, he replies both times, “next one.”

Sunderland turned down a bid from Turkish club Besiktas for Lens last week as it did not match their valuation of the Holland international.

Lens spent last season on loan at Besiktas and although he has played well earlier in pre-season, he is thought to be desperate to leave before the close of the transfer window. Lens arrived two years ago when Dick Advocaat was manager.

Khazri’s commitment and fitness were also questioned by Moyes last season, although supporters could not understand why he did not pick the winger, signed by Sam Allardyce for £12m in January 2016, more often given his talent.

Gibson signed for Sunderland for around £1m from Everton in January, but has failed to impress on the pitch. When he is once again criticised by a supporter for being drunk so soon after such a heavy defeat, Gibson added:

“Right, I’m off my face in here, but I still want to play for Sunderland, the rest of them don’t though…”

Manager Simon Grayson has also talked of players who are not working hard enough, either in matches or training, but Sunderland will not want sell anyone cheaply given their financial problems after relegation.

Even if he privately sympathises with Gibson’s comments, he is unlikely to be impressed with the timing of them, or the fact he allowed himself to be filmed while drinking in a pub.

Sunderland did not respond to a request from Telegraph Sport for a comment.

Meanwhile, Northumbria Police made 19 arrests following disorder connected to the friendly game against Celtic on Saturday afternoon

One fan was taken to hospital after suffering a head injury near Fletcher’s Off Licence, in the Hendon area of Sunderland.

Footage posted online appeared to show a Celtic supporter lying on the floor with blood pouring from a head wound while emergency services attended the scene.

Police confirmed one man was taken to hospital with a head injury and inquiries are ongoing into the incident.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/30/drunk-darron-gibson-filmed-slamming-s-sunderland-teammates/

They always make you feel a bit better about being a Villa supporter :D

• Like 3

Of course Gibson still wants to play for Sunderland, they're probably paying him 40k. Absymal player right from the start at Man. United.

I thought Lens had actually been sold, he was at Fernebache last season not Besiktas. No surprise on the other two, they didn't want to know when Big Sam left.

Sunderland in a mess, they'll do worse than we did last season imo.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Of course Gibson still wants to play for Sunderland, they're probably paying him 40k. Absymal player right from the start at Man. United.

I thought Lens had actually been sold, he was at Fernebache last season not Besiktas. No surprise on the other two, they didn't want to know when Big Sam left.

I think they'll do about the same of us, which was abysmal in itself.

Biggest thing for me is that he's out getting pissed a week before the season starts.

What an absolute moron. 

And then he goes on about that others doesn't care about the club :)

Maybe stay sober and act like a professional athlete?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They are very similar to us in that they had been treading water in the Prem for years and then finally the inevitable happened and they dropped without putting up a fight.

Like us they will need a season of steadying the ship and consolidation before they can look to kick on as you can't turn a club around that has been going backwards for years in a few months. They will finish no better than mid table.

Edited by markavfc40

I still think Khazri would have been a good signing for us to be honest. 

Sunderland are definitely going to struggle this season, though, no matter how good the manager is they have a crap, aging squad and a persistent issue with drinking. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What a embarrassment

They are in turmoil. Thank god we never wasted money on khazari as garde wanted him 

Kharzi wasreally good for Big Sam, same for Kone and Kirchoff.

None of them wanted to know when Moyes pitched up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

They are very similar to us in that they had been treading water in the Prem for years and then finally the inevitable happened and they dropped without putting up a fight.

Like us they will need a season of steadying the ship and consolidation before they can look to kick on as you can't turn a club around that has been going backwards for years in a few months. They will finish no better than mid table.

We had the added boost of a new owner and about £50m spent on our squad, yet we could still only finish mid-table.

Really wouldn't surprise me to see Sunderland in a relegation battle this year.

Â