Best Places to live in the UK

AvfcTheObsession

I think if I could live absolutely anywhere in the country it would probably be in St John's Wood, London.  Given that houses start at half a million quid in that area, I don't think I'll be living there any time soon. 

Radlett is a very nice place to live. Grandparents live there and i absolutely love the place. However you will need to have a 1 million + to hand. Daniel levy is having a house built on the road they live on. :) 

I think if I could live absolutely anywhere in the country it would probably be in St John's Wood, London.  Given that houses start at half a million quid in that area, I don't think I'll be living there any time soon. 

:wave:

Renting FTL

I'd probably go for Highgate, North London or Canonbury. Other possibilities are Moseley, Edgbaston and Harborne. If I was looking for some peace and quiet though (I have job mainly in mind at the moment) I'd choose any of the smaller villages in Worcestershire, Shropshire or Warwickshire. I'm a Warks boy really, so that would take first place.

Brought up in Brum, moved to Banbury when I was 30 - it was a bit of a s***hole.

Moved to Bournemouth 11 years ago. Contrary to some perceptions it's far from a retirement place, has a very lively town centre, plenty of good restaurants and lots of activities etc

Close to New Forest, West Dorset - all in all its a beautiful, if expensive area and invariably 2-5 degrees warmer than Brum!

In Brums favour i would say that the people are much friendlier up there than down here.

However as much as I love ny fortnightly trip to VP I doubt I would ever move back. Sadly I think successive local governments ofver the last 40-50 years have been incompetent and failed to keep pace with other cities such as Leeds.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

I wouldn't live in London. Too big. Plus, escaping in the event of a zombie outbreak would be a nightmare.

People often forget to look for escape strategies and fortressing etc when chosing a town or a house.

To be fair, as long as you've got space for a garage containing a stocked and maintained black cab, London should be fine.

London is really for youngsters not ideal for families.

Has anyone mentioned The Cotswolds

London not ideal for families?

Free public transport for kids, massive parks everywhere, history on every corner.

Admittedly rough inner London south of the bridge is good stabbin' territory, but again it's down to finances to choose a location.

Lived in Moseley and Sutton Coldfield in Brum, both nice places and I am currently in Sutton. I have also lived In Brighton and Golders Green in North London.

I have to say Brighton is the best place I have lived in, there is something about living by the sea thats makes it much better.

London is good purely because there is loads to do every night of the week and its piss easy to get around.

Given the right job, I would live in London. Kensington.

I do like Brighton and the Cotswolds in general. In the West Mids then it has to be the Four Oaks area. Yes, you pay a premium but it is worth it. 

Having lived (part time) out on the outskirts of London ("the sticks" of Ruislip) for the past 18 months or so, I never thought I would say this, but I absolutely love it. I used to hate London and I hated it for being "London" I suppose. I hated the tube, hated the hustle and bustle and groaned whenever I had to visit the place for a meeting or when transiting through. Having lived here, I find the place fantastic. It helps that I'm far enough out to feel like I'm not in London but love it when I have the chance to explore the city knowing that I can get back out to relative normality on the tube. So much to do. 

Otherwise, I'm probably a bit biased here but I love Southsea in Portsmouth. I've lived there (when not in London!) since 2008 and it is bloody lovely. 

Gibraltar?

Nice weather. Utter hole. Used to go there a lot. Grubby, smelly, polluted, cramped...etc.

Great views from up top of the rock, handy for going to places that aren't Gib. Avoid, IMO.

Yep, Gibraltar is like a microcosm of everything bad the uk has to offer crammed into 2 square mile.

Chavs, asbos, crap chip shops, lousy amusement arcades, greasy spoon cafes, Morrissons, a mosque,

Went once, literally never again.

• Like 1

Â