Best Places to live in the UK

AvfcTheObsession

Birmingham is a pretty shit place to go for a night out because the very vast majority of places have too many scumbags in. London is a much better place to go out as there are bars and clubs that have people of a much higher calibre and frankly, the women are several-fold more attractive.

It's a lot easier to avoid the thugs and the vomiting messes in London than it is in Birmingham.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Birmingham is a pretty shit place to go for a night out because the very vast majority of places have too many scumbags in. London is a much better place to go out as there are bars and clubs that have people of a much higher calibre and frankly, the women are several-fold more attractive.

It's a lot easier to avoid the thugs and the vomiting messes in London than it is in Birmingham.

Well after living in London for 4 years, I think that the women in London tend to be very stuck up, stush and a difficult nut to crack. I also think a night out in London is too expensive. And naturally with the size difference I think it is obvious that there will be more upmarket higher calibre places than London, but London has its shit holes areas with thugs too - especially in East.

Edited by Voinjama

Well after living in London for 4 years, I think that the women in London tend to be very stuck up, stush and a difficult nut to crack. I also think a night out in London is too expensive. And naturally with the size difference I think it is obvious that there will be more upmarket higher calibre places than London, but London has its shit holes areas with thugs too - especially in East.

It does but Birmingham's 'main strip' is full of them, that's the problem.

London women, or should I say, women in London are a lot better looking and to be fair I've cracked a few nuts in them so not that difficult.

Yeah, but London is 7 or 8 times the size of Birmingham so it's pretty obvious that is going to be the case.   

Yeah, but London is 7 or 8 times the size of Birmingham so it's pretty obvious that is going to be the case.   

I have said that already. :)

There seems to be a stereotype out there that women from Birmingham are not attractive. Anyway with regards to yesterdays incidents I am hoping none of the 4 people stabbed have died - checking the news hourly.

Yeah but this thread doesn't require that we adjust for population or area size.

The Arcadian hasn't been good for a decade or so.

Back in the day (I'm sounding old now), it was a place where people could go to have a good night out away from the chavs on Broad Street. It used to be full of decent people and fit birds, but the chavs eventually catch on and slowly start to infiltrate until they've basically taken over.

That's what you're seeing today: the Arcadian is basically an extension of Broad Street.

• Like 1

Nottingham was the worst for a rough night out.

Back in the 70s one of the most amazing places for drinking in was Yates's Wine Lodge in Nottingham. Mirrors, art nouveau decor, a string quartet playing beneath potted palms, and loads of incredibly rough prostitutes. 

Back in the day (I'm sounding old now), it was a place where people could go to have a good night out away from the chavs on Broad Street. It used to be full of decent people and fit birds, but the chavs eventually catch on and slowly start to infiltrate until they've basically taken over.

That's what you're seeing today: the Arcadian is basically an extension of Broad Street.

Pretty much, The Mailbox has so far escaped this and so have the pubs etc around Colmore row.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind them jacking the prices up in some of these places, that will wade off a lot of the scumbags.

I always preferred so called rougher clubs than Broad Street.

My argument for this was that if someone wanted a fight, they would invariably get one.

As a result, I was never involved in a random scuffle frequenting these places. Plenty of times I ran into small man/cock syndrome in Broad Street whenever I was dragged there.

As the old joke goes

What do you call a good looking girl in London

A tourist

As always with these things it's hard to give a definitive answer , there are pretty girls everywhere and there are some munters everywhere too

• Like 1

Would give another shout for Nottingham. Had a great time there as a student and I'd happily move back for the right job. That said, most of my friends are in London at this point so it's a good place to be. I live in Tooting. Still possible to live here on the cheap which is a big factor, but generally it's not a bad place at all. London is great fun - especially in the summer.

Having grown up in between Watford and Hemel Hempstead I would also back the Rev's shout from earlier in this thread that you should avoid medium-sized market towns near London like the plague. Proper dives - Hemel in particular, Watford's not quite as bad.

As for Birmingham, it certainly has it's redeeming features, and a magnificent football club, but it always seems to me like there's not as much going on there as there should be for a city of its size. Perhaps the locals can set me straight on that...

Edited by PatrickCousens

Having grown up in between Watford and Hemel Hempstead I would also back the Rev's shout from earlier in this thread that you should avoid medium-sized market towns near London like the plague. Proper dives - Hemel in particular, Watford's not quite as bad.

I completely agree with this, I would also add Aylesbury to the list of medium sized market towns near London to avoid like the plague. unfortunately i used to live there, horrible place and horrible people.

Â