Best Places to live in the UK

AvfcTheObsession

Lived in Birmingham and Stoke, now back in Birmingham, even though I'm in a decent modern flat, surrounding area is a shit hole. Manchester, Liverpool or Nottingham for me :)

Anybody that thinks Brum, in general, is a hole either hasn't travelled or has no concept of reality. Everywhere has bad parts.

Manchester, Liverpool and Nottingham for example have three notoriously bad parts that could possibly rival the rough areas here. Except birmingham is larger and so understandably the rough areas are larger or more pronounced

Edited by b23avfc

Anybody that thinks Brum, in general, is a hole either hasn't travelled or has no concept of reality. Everywhere has bad parts.

Manchester, Liverpool and Nottingham for example have three notoriously bad parts that could possibly rival the rough areas here. Except birmingham is larger and so understandably the rough areas are larger or more pronounced

The whole of Manchester is rough, except for Didsbury and Prestwich - both of which are surrounded by rough areas.

When I moved 15 mins up the road from Cheshire to Didsbury (the nice part) my house and car insurance went up 30%.

I am always hearing good things about Manchester, happening place, the place to be, good music scene etc. I wouldn't want to live there but may visit now I'm only 70 odd miles away.

I am always hearing good things about Manchester, happening place, the place to be, good music scene etc. I wouldn't want to live there but may visit now I'm only 70 odd miles away.

My gf has been working temp over there for the last 5 weeks. Is enjoying it. My bro also lives there (or on the outskirts) - Loves it but has settled down with a baby recently.

Born and bred in Brum, but have a huge soft spot for Chester.

Cripes, why on earth are you fond of Chester? I never understand anyones fondness for the place. It's a dull small town England kinda place that thinks its posh but in reality is full of the dregs of society. Even most of the shops are cut price bargain shops (and people go there to shop as a day out!) Most of the places to eat are vastly over priced and lacking in any individuality.

I detest the place top be honest

Can we hijack this thread and turn into worst places in the UK. My early vote goes to Slough and Aylesbury. :P

My housemate is moving to Dover next week, I said to her you best go to the shops and get the rosetta stone CD's.

Edited by Voinjama

Aylesbury is a weird place.  It has a pretty town centre, but it is in the middle of nowhere and you really do feel that fact when you are there. 

A work colleague swears Aldershot is the armpit of the UK.

I've always imagined Edinburgh and Norwich to be fairly nice places to live - I liked both when I've visited.

Aldershot doesn't have a lot going for it o be honest so your colleague could well be right .., even when I was a teenager and it was a "thriving " army town it was still a hole

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Aylesbury is a weird place.  It has a pretty town centre, but it is in the middle of nowhere and you really do feel that fact when you are there. 

Aylesbury is mostly responsible for the man I am today.  Which is obviously a good thing...right?

Have you been recently? Everything closing down, boarded up, businesses closing down left right and centre.

Aylesbury is mostly responsible for the man I am today.  Which is obviously a good thing...right?

You molested one of the ducks and got deported to the Isle of Man ?

• Like 1

Â