Best Places to live in the UK

AvfcTheObsession

I've found Cornwall a bit up it's own arse in recent years, thanks in no short measure to Rock, Padstow + Rick Stein, singing fishermen and those West Cornwall Pasty stands in all London stations.

Much prefer the less pretentious East Devon area.

Agreed. Cornwall thinks it's 'Celtic fringe', and some of the locals share the worst attitudes of the Welsh (present Welsh company excepted!). 

Devon FTW. 

Has Cornwall fallen into the trap of beginning to believe it's own publicity?

Devon and Dorset today. Lovely.

If I could choose to live anywhere in the UK, t'would probably be Forres.  Was home for 7 of my formative years, and when I went back for the first time a couple years ago after decades away it had barely changed.

Forres - Christ - I spend a good while at Kinloss, and tbh Forres is one of the last places I'd pick.

Yes, scenery, yes Findhorn has a belting pub, but on the other hand - it's bastid miles from anywhere, it's cold, there's not a huge amount to do and it's a bit like the land time forgot, but in a bad way.

I'm definitely going to look to relocate At some point to Devon

The only downside I can see is the longer commute to B6

Yeah, but I believe that they have a supporters coach from Devon to Villa every home game ?  If so, a bit of a nap on the coach, listen to Ipod - what's not to like?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, Gibraltar is like a microcosm of everything bad the uk has to offer crammed into 2 square mile.

Chavs, asbos, crap chip shops, lousy amusement arcades, greasy spoon cafes, Morrissons, a mosque,

Went once, literally never again.

I know a few people who have moved over here from Gibraltar.  They all hated the place.

• 3 months later...

I wasn't sure what thread to put this is in.................anyway as some of you know I have recently relocated to Birmingham and I had a night out at the Arcadian last night. Cesspit doesn't come close. I was about to go to the China Red nightclub but as it was 4 am they wouldn't let anyone else in. 10 minutes later I was relieved as 3 people got stabbed, 1 of them critically injured, lying on the floor for an hour, people trying to save him. BBC news have reported on the story. Then another man in his 20s got stabbed outside one of the Chinese restaurants there. I saw at least 12 fights, no exaggeration, people vomiting, was just a horrific scene, a real eye opener. I guess this kind of shit happens all across the UK

I wasn't sure what thread to put this is in.................anyway as some of you know I have recently relocated to Birmingham and I had a night out at the Arcadian last night. Cesspit doesn't come close. I was about to go to the China Red nightclub but as it was 4 am they wouldn't let anyone else in. 10 minutes later I was relieved as 3 people got stabbed, 1 of them critically injured, lying on the floor for an hour, people trying to save him. BBC news have reported on the story. Then another man in his 20s got stabbed outside one of the Chinese restaurants there. I saw at least 12 fights, no exaggeration, people vomiting, was just a horrific scene, a real eye opener. I guess this kind of shit happens all across the UK

I haven't been to the Arcadian for years and it sounds like it's gone right downhill. I don't know town that well these days but I'd imagine Summer Row, The Mailbox and St Paul's have less chavs causing problems.

Â