Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Man Utd manager.

PompeyVillan

Can you **** imagine the reaction if McLeish was appointed :D

I would pay so much for that to happen. Would be marvelous...wow just the sheer impact of it.

Mourinho wouldn`t surprise me but the recent statements was really hinting to chelsea though, would seem weird if it suddenly was manchester united all along. Besides, his recent press said he suddenly he wanted to stay in RM, which probably is pure bs and there is basically zero chance he will be there next season. He seems like an odd choice because his personality doesn`t really fit well with how manchester united are. Moyes has been rumored for quite some time but then again, you never know how well he would do at such a top club. I think it might be quite difficult for him if things wasn`t going that good in the start.  But it has to be someone that can stay there for good amounts of time, and I do wonder how manchester will approach it if things go bad early. We will see, either way there will be a lot of speculation about who gets chosen and what goes on from there. I of course hope it runs down in the ground. Thanks for McLeish, you frickin idiot.

EDIT: What about Jupp? Been replaced by Guardiola for quite some time, and can`t say he has done bad recently. Besides, even if that was announced before the final, people already knew he was gonna leave. I don` t really think that is going to happen, but I am not sure it`s only relying on those other two.

Edited by vandaq

Never thought i'd see the day when Fergie retired. Will be interesting to see how Man United do without him.

Edited by Daniel

Problem with Mourinho is he has 3 very good years, **** off and leaves dressing rooms in chaos. Not the Fergie/Man Utd way.

If Man U (or anyone else) thinks their next appointment will be there for 20 years then they'll probably be disappointed. Fergie was a one-off. It's more likely they'll fall into line with other top European sides now and have a new manager at most every 5 to 6 years.

Guest av1

Perfectly timmed for Jose me thinks. Jose wants to come back to England this year and SAF retires two weeks after saying he was staying for a couple more years. I think SAF knows its now or never for jose and decided to step aside.

as mentioned above but I think Heynckes would have been perfect to steady the ship, only issue for me being his level of English

It's never affected Rooney and Ferdinand.

Does make you wonder what has happened between May 4th when he was staying and planning for next season and today?

Cannot see anyone being appointed before the end of the season out of respect to Fergie.

Â