Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Man Utd manager.

PompeyVillan

link

Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson unhappy with Stuart Pearce

Sir Alex Ferguson has criticised England Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce for disclosing information about defender Phil Jones's injury.

Manchester United player Jones, 20, withdrew from the Under-21 friendly against Sweden, with Pearce stating he was suffering from shingles.

"What about doctor confidentiality?" said United manager Ferguson.

"That was a conversation between our doctor and theirs and shouldn't have gone any further."

The 71-year-old added: "It is something we have to address."

The Football Association said it would not be responding to Ferguson's accusation.

Jones has overcome the problem, with Ferguson declaring the defender fit for Sunday's Premier League encounter with Everton.

Midfielder Michael Carrick pulled out of England's friendly with Brazil on Wednesday with a hip problem, but he has also recovered.

Winger Ashley Young also returns, having been out with a knee injury.

Fergie being a baby again about something that really doesn't matter. Great football manager, but egocentric fool. 

Just banned from talking would be good. He's a disrespectful, self serving manager. Not good for the game as whole, as he uses his considerable influence to bully officials and journalists. 

You could argue that Wenger is similar, but he doesn't duck difficult questions like Ferguson, who blacklists anyone who dares question him. Can't stand the bloke. 

'He could killed the lad'. 

I probably picked a bad example to start a thread about him, seems people empathise with him in this situation and I can kinda understand that, but there are so many incidences of him behaving as in an appalling way I don't sympathise with him. 

What happened to Lambert when he called out the officials error?

He got done with a touchline ban for what he said to the officials after the match in the tunnel, not for what he said in the interview afterwards.

• 2 months later...

Wow... if true that would be unbelievable. Throughout my whole football watching life Fergie has been the manager of Manchester United. Would really struggle to see another man in the job. Surlely Moyes isn't good enough? Would have to be Mourinho... surely? 

Edited by PieFacE

Wow... if true that would be unbelievable. Throughout my whole football watching life Fergie has been the manager of Manchester United. Would really struggle to see another man in the job. Surlely Moyes isn't good enough? Would have to be Mourinho... surely? 

Moyes or Klopp.

Â