Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Man Utd manager.

PompeyVillan

martinez to everton was my tip when moyes said wont sign a new deal

Not a bad shout if Moyes leaves. I would now be really disappointed if Moyes doesn't get it. You all have my expectations up :D

yeah they said earlier that jose's reputation would hit the share prices and have a financial impact which could help them lean towards moyes, id have thought that with jose being a global brand and moyes being relatively unknown (and never winning anything) it would have been the other way round

It be jose win at all costs attitude that could put investors off. say what you want about Fergie but way he acted in Suarez/Evra incident was impeccable while Jose would have probably made it 100 times worst than it was

Absolute rubbish. The club is floated on the NY Stock Exchange where local investors will know absolutely **** all about the nuances of football.

You replace a Winner with a Winner, a King with a King, so if you seriously believe the appointment of a new manager would be a business decision you back Mourinho everytime, a massive successful name with a CL winning pedigree.

Besides, half of Utd's global fans won't even have heard of Moyes THAT will hammer the share price not Jose.

Mourinho is going back to Chelsea

That is certainly the assumption ... and we know that it is always good to ass-u-me things :P

my prediction is moyes goes united to replace baconface and then everton go for either lambo or martinez

if lambo goes everton then we will get Martinez

Lambert wont leave us he will want to finish the job he's started. Anyway Everton would be a sideways move.

why not? he left norwich to come to us granted we are a bigger club but were in such a huge mess.

everton have finished 7th and we are just outside relegation zone. in addition everton currently might be broke but when new tv deal comes in every club will have money. dont think its laughable as some think

For Lambert, financially Everton would be a backwards move. Stepping into some big shoes would also be a backwards move. That team is on the brink of breaking up - again backwards move. The only thing Everton have over us is this season's league position. Let's see how that gap closes next season. In the overall scheme of things I feel that it is not a good time to become the Everton manager unless you're in an even worse position, like Martinez.

• Like 3

I think once MOyes leaves Everton will decline rapidly. Players like Baines and Fellaini will be swept up and Everton will become like Villa are in last few season in massive transition

Yes support wise we have been pretty similar over the years, their league position has been better than ours but I think it will be a lot closer next season. Moyes has been the glue.

Of course the timing of all this means it will be all about Fergy on the final day. Its enough to put with the publicity when they won the title now we have to put up with all this Fergy publicity.

Paul Lambert will not move to Everton, its all about timing I guess, whoever replaces Moyes is on a hiding to nothing. Will be compared to Moyes on a shoestring budget, and players will potentially leave such as Baines and Feillani.

Paul Lambert will not move to Everton, its all about timing I guess, whoever replaces Moyes is on a hiding to nothing. Will be compared to Moyes on a shoestring budget, and players will potentially leave such as Baines and Feillani.

All very true, theres no scope for improvement at Everton and he will want to build on what he has started at Villa. Martinez looks like the man for the Everton job.

Â