Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Man Utd manager.

PompeyVillan

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires. Somewhere there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left

Stolen for FB.

Suarez without teeth?

But yes, I'll steal it too for fb. :)

ManYoo mate would 'vomit' if Moyes got the job.

Me, I think Mourinho has just changed his phone number on Roman :)

It probably won't be. But there has been a long-standing bromance between Fergie and Jose since his Chelski days. There's a ton of mutual respect there and I've long believed Mourinho was only doing a whistlestop tour of Europe until the United job became available. And now it is. And so is Jose. I just wouldn't fall out of my standing if it came to pass. That's all :)

First Thatcher dies, then Ferguson retires. Somewhere there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left

Stolen for FB.

Suarez without teeth?

But yes, I'll steal it too for fb. :)

Yep, had to steal it too.  Ooooooh I hope I get some likes.

• Like 2

It really depends what they want. If they stick with tradition, and want someone who can work with the youth set up, who plays the trademark attacking football, it won't be Mourinho.

If they want to win trophies and keep the profile up then it will be.

Must be gutted Guardiola buggered off to Bayern!

I think if they go for Moyes then they could find themselves slipping out of contention for future titles. Their players aren't good enough to win the league on reputation alone, they need motivation and a never say die attitude, which is why I think it should go to Mourinho. Anything else would be an anti-climax.

It'll be Moyes for sure

I hope so with all my heart :)

All this what he's won is bollocks

Yeah, United don't need no stinkin' winners :P As long as they're 'competing' that'll do. Coming 4th or 5th irrespective of budget is not the same as being a champion. IMO United would be dropping a massive bollock if they hired Moyes - which is precisely why I want United to hire Moyes :)

I think man utd fans clamouring for Mourinho would do well to look at their failings under 'flashy' managers such as Tommy Doc and Big Ron (much as I love them).

Moyes is cut from the same cloth as Fergie.

Moyes is now 1/8 with some bookies.

Oh please please please if you're up there superman, please make this happen.

It'll be Moyes for sure

I hope so with all my heart :)

All this what he's won is bollocks

Yeah, United don't need no stinkin' winners :P As long as they're 'competing' that'll do. Coming 4th or 5th irrespective of budget is not the same as being a champion. IMO United would be dropping a massive bollock if they hired Moyes - which is precisely why I want United to hire Moyes :)

I think it's a good appointment, in the sense that he understands the ethos of the club, United are a worldwide club but Ferguson ensured it kept it's roots, he has had a hand in who his successor will be.

I think it's a good appointment, in the sense that he understands the ethos of the club, United are a worldwide club but Ferguson ensured it kept it's roots, he has had a hand in who his successor will be.

He does understand the club and he understands Fergie. They're both Glasgow lads and I'm not saying he is a bad manager. He clearly is not a bad manager otherwise he wouldn't be odds on for the job. I also don't doubt for one second that Fergie will have been heavily involved in finding his successor. But we'll have to agree to disagree on whether Moyes is or is not good for United. I think at best he is a massive gamble that might work. As much as you might dismiss his CV, it is a fact that he is not yet a winner and until he wins, we can't know if he has it in him to become a regular champion. And at worst he could be a disaster for a club like United who demand annual success.

Â