Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Man Utd manager.

PompeyVillan

Rooney handed in a transfer request 2 weeks ago, which Fergie outright rejected. He knew he was retiring then but no-one else did, so I'm guessing he was leaving it for the incoming manager to decide whether or not they wanted to keep him. With it being Moyes now, and Rooney's history with Moyes I'm not sure which way it'll go.. 

If Utd do get Ronaldo back* then Utd won't really need Rooney. van Persie, Ronaldo, Young, Valencia.. can't see how Rooney fits into a team with those players unless he does move to a central midfield - and then I think he's behind Kagawa in the pecking order.

*stories that he's staying at Madrid aren't as clear cut as some suggest. Some sources saying he shouted 'I'm staying here' after scoring - but according to someone else I know that's not what he shouted at all

I can't see the ROnaldo rumours being true. He's better now than he was when they sold him. I know he doesn't necessarily have long left on his contract, but surely the second best player in the world is still going to cost a world record fee at this stage?

Why would Ronaldo want to go to United?

Lots of reasons.  They are one of the biggest clubs in the world, he seemed very happy there during his first stint, he almost certainly still has lots of friends in Manchester and he might really like living in England.   Not saying it is going to happen, but you seem to be dismissing it as something which could never happen which really doesn't appear to be the case from where I stand. 

Edited by The_Rev

Rooney handed in a transfer request 2 weeks ago, which Fergie outright rejected. He knew he was retiring then but no-one else did, so I'm guessing he was leaving it for the incoming manager to decide whether or not they wanted to keep him. With it being Moyes now, and Rooney's history with Moyes I'm not sure which way it'll go.. 

If Utd do get Ronaldo back* then Utd won't really need Rooney. van Persie, Ronaldo, Young, Valencia.. can't see how Rooney fits into a team with those players unless he does move to a central midfield - and then I think he's behind Kagawa in the pecking order.

*stories that he's staying at Madrid aren't as clear cut as some suggest. Some sources saying he shouted 'I'm staying here' after scoring - but according to someone else I know that's not what he shouted at all

If Rooney leaves United he could return to his first love which is stealing hub caps on Merseyside.

Rooney's leaving would be a fairly symbolic impact.

Oh and Mourinho's odds are tumbling. Someone ITK* claims he is very much in contention because the Glazers are worried about share price and have been 'caught on the hop' by the timing of the announcement$

* Yeah I know I know. But ...

$ They obviously knew the facts but the plan was to release at a more leisurely and convenient juncture rather than to nip a potential leak in the bud.

I tried to put money on Mourinho only to find that most bookies have stopped taking bets and Victor is one of them *grumble mumble*.

Mourinho spotted in London with Joel Glazer...

Not sure if serious

Serious.

Who ever gets the job is on a hiding to nothing. Expectations are enormous, not helped by SAF saying that this is his best ever squad(?)

So newbie comes in, and unless they get off to a flyer ( are you listening Mr first good start to a season in 10yrs Moyes ) then the pressure wiil bend on. The Glaziers driven by the share price, the fans by.. SAF wouldnt have done that and of course Alex himself, upstairs sending little notes down from on high, which of course you ignore at your peril.

Mourinho is bily big bs enough to tough it out, but I think anyone else is likely to wilt, and cant see them lasting two seasons

That link has now been taken down and re-directs to the front page.

It was a 'welcome book' for their 'new manager, David Moyes'.

Â