The Randy Lerner thread

CI

started so well and ended so badly, dont doubt his early intentions though extremely naive. Hopefully he kept his word and sold to the right custodian who will romantically nourish us

Randy's farewell message has got to be one of the weirdest public statements ever. An absolutely barking mad rich kid, born with a silver spoon who is fantastic at squandering his daddies money.

But there's no point holding a grudge and I think the picture below was for me the crest of the Lerner wave. At that point in time I think all of us could only imagine a 'bright future' and if anyone had told you what was actually about to transpire over next few years, well, you would think they would be speaking as much bollocks as Randy's last statement.

Carew.jpeg

Sold it for only 60 million...

Thats quite a lot less than what he was originally trying to get for it before...

Serves the prick right; if he had just been reasonable about the price before, we might not have been relegated and the extra could have been invested in us progressing...

I hope he goes bankrupt and his whole family ends up destitute...

Not that it matters now, but after reading the 'Next Managers' thread over in VT i wondered how much input this plonker actually had in the appointment of MON. Though he was unveiled by Ellis, it is generally excepted that Lerner made the appointment. Looking over Lerners subsequent appointments, and excepting that his football knowledge could be scribbled on the back of a match box I'm not sure I'm buying it. 

So who really appointed MON?

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not that it matters now, but after reading the 'Next Managers' thread over in VT i wondered how much input this plonker actually had in the appointment of MON. Though he was unveiled by Ellis, it is generally excepted that Lerner made the appointment. Looking over Lerners subsequent appointments, and excepting that his football knowledge could be scribbled on the back of a match box I'm not sure I'm buying it. 

So who really appointed MON?

I think it was Ellis choice but think MON wouldnt work under him as back then we were running out of cash under Doug

• Like 1

Sounds about right. So Lerner didn't actually make one decent appointment during his time here. 

On 5/19/2016 at 03:40, DJ_Villain said:

Sold it for only 60 million...

Thats quite a lot less than what he was originally trying to get for it before...

Serves the prick right; if he had just been reasonable about the price before, we might not have been relegated and the extra could have been invested in us progressing...

I hope he goes bankrupt and his whole family ends up destitute...

What a ridiculous thing to say. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â