The Randy Lerner thread

CI

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

It's not fair enough at all. If he bought the club thinking that we are another soulless organisation that he can cash in and then cash out he is even dumber than I already think he is.

I agree, only a complete **** idiot buys a premier league team to make a profit.

• Like 3

Lerner I backed you when all others were losing there support. You've F****D it for me now. You got the best manager we have ever had, an you decide the Championship is the way forward. To not make signings in this transfer window was a utter disgrace and disrespectful to us fans and your manager.

The board need to come out and make a statement without the bullshit, cause believe it or not,  us fans are not words removed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Lerner I backed you when all others were losing there support. You've F****D it for me now. You got the best manager we have ever had, an you decide the Championship is the way forward. To not make signings in this transfer window was a utter disgrace and disrespectful to us fans and your manager.

The board need to come out and make a statement without the bullshit, cause believe it or not,  us fans are not words removed.

Who is the best manager we've ever had?

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

Where has this commonly quoted $200 loss number come from? Currently the asset is worth somewhere in the region of $100m-$200m and he is additionally owned another $150m in debt. This doesn't account for whatever cash has been removed from the club over the last 10 years. 

He paid approx. $125. 

The debt does not disappear when he sells the club. 

Lerner will be taking a hit on the debt.

He can't sell it as is, you think somebody is going to pay 150m and take on the same in debt?

"I think there's a palpable frustration among football fans right now that I believe we in the football business should be conscious of," he says. "Fans see TV revenues going up, wages going up, the price of their tickets going up and they're thinking: 'Hey, it's the same round ball, the same number of players and still two 45-minute halves. We don't get it.' Winning supporters over can only really be achieved by what you do, not what you say. It's no use just smiling and shaking hands and getting quoted with witty one-liners. We'll be judged by our actions: ticket prices, conditions inside the ground, how good our hospitality is and, of course, how the team develops. I'm not in this to win a popularity contest and I guess that's why I keep a relatively low profile. Winning our fans' approval will come from all of us doing the right things for the right reasons, me included."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/randy-lerner-i-have-long-term-plans-but-as-a-fan-i-crave-instant-results-1939722.html

I wonder if Randy will ever do another newspaper interview where we get the chance to hear what 'he' has to say. I can only assume he won't speak to TV or radio because he knows we won't like what we hear?

To buy a football club supported by hundreds of thousands of people and not be able to say one word to their faces is farcical. 

He probably thinks he's done some good things for our club but the fact is, when you look at our esteemed history, he's been a total failure. 

12 minutes ago, DK82 said:

"I think there's a palpable frustration among football fans right now that I believe we in the football business should be conscious of," he says. "Fans see TV revenues going up, wages going up, the price of their tickets going up and they're thinking: 'Hey, it's the same round ball, the same number of players and still two 45-minute halves. We don't get it.' Winning supporters over can only really be achieved by what you do, not what you say. It's no use just smiling and shaking hands and getting quoted with witty one-liners. We'll be judged by our actions: ticket prices, conditions inside the ground, how good our hospitality is and, of course, how the team develops. I'm not in this to win a popularity contest and I guess that's why I keep a relatively low profile. Winning our fans' approval will come from all of us doing the right things for the right reasons, me included."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/randy-lerner-i-have-long-term-plans-but-as-a-fan-i-crave-instant-results-1939722.html

That was 6 years ago. I'm sure if asked the same question today his answer would be along the lines of "meh".

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villakram said:

Where has this commonly quoted $200 loss number come from? Currently the asset is worth somewhere in the region of $100m-$200m and he is additionally owned another $150m in debt. This doesn't account for whatever cash has been removed from the club over the last 10 years. 

He paid approx. $125. 

The debt does not disappear when he sells the club. 

Did he not invest money into us in 2 ways - a) 'loaning' the club money and also b ) writing off many debts which did not get converted into 'loans' but instead simply were the result of cash injections into the club.

This Guardian article Here written 5 years ago (depressingly) states he had spend £200m:-

Yet still Villa are burning through Lerner's fortune. The US billionaire has injected £115.6m in equity and another £89.6m has come in through shareholder loans. Investments in player transfers alone have amounted to £138.8m but where it really counts – in the league table – there is precious little to show for it.

We've only lost more money since. Some of it funded by personal loans and other equity.

I have backed him and backed him and apologised for him for year and years but I absolutely cannot understand how it has taken this long to sell the club to someone - with the threat of losing more and more every year how has he not cut his losses and taken he highest bidder? Is it really that just no one is interested? or has he just not been willing to take a hit?

I'm so confused and so despondent about what is going on, and has been going on since the O'Neill debacle.

the point is I just don't understand, why not? why are you driving your business into the ground? none of the decisions made add up, not even a handful make sense as logical train of thought, I'm so totally baffled. it's like the two times a day a broken clock would be right, it jumps back an hour to check if time has stood still or not.

The guys a billionaire. Not one of us will ever be in that situation. He's whole sense of reality will be on a different world from ours. Look at the state he left Cleaveland Browns in until he got a crazy offer in to sell. If he really wants out he needs to cut his loses but in his crazy billionaire world he won't because it's just a game to him. Just us idiots continue to spend a chunk of our wages to support his club. 

Â