The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Is he dead? Is someone having a party????

Tbh it's all a bit pathetic really, the sooner Lerner sells up the better but honestly I can't agree with this type of song. Not quite as offensive as the Tracy Andrews song but it doesn't reflect good on our support.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If think if you get 'offended' by those chants then you're a bit of a wet blanket. They are hardly 'offensive' but then we are living in a day and age where people are extremely delicate, easily offended and then want to tell everyone about it.

What would you deem to be offensive? Where would you draw the line?

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Offensive would be bringing up his Jewish background in a highly derogatory/anti-Semitic way, wishing him dead is not offensive at all. 

I agree. The song was clearly tongue-in-cheek and proves just how frustrated Villa fans are with Lerner. Classing it as a 'vile death chant' is quite pathetic and just sums up the press in the country, and shame on the Birmingham Mail for completely missing the point and choosing the easy option and attacking the fans and not the owner. 

• Like 1

Is he dead? Is someone having a party????

Tbh it's all a bit pathetic really, the sooner Lerner sells up the better but honestly I can't agree with this type of song. Not quite as offensive as the Tracy Andrews song but it doesn't reflect good on our support.

Tracy Andrews actually killed somebody. They aren't even in the same stratosphere.

Somebody tried to start that song up last night. He was booed into silence.

• Like 1

Not wishing to back Lerner in any kind of way here but wishing him dead? Really? We are better than that surely! Have no problem with singing Remi Garde's name, sack the board, boo etc but death chants/threats - not for me!  He wants out so why should he continue to put his own money into it? I get the protect your investment stuff but we did at least invest in the summer but obviously some of that investment was wasted. He wasn't the scout/scouts that suggested some of the playing duds! Perhaps they need to shoulder some of the blame? Finally, I also agree that his manager choices have not been great since he came but they too I think have let Lerner down. It's not one person to solely blame here but a catalogue of errors made by numerous people.

I agree. The song was clearly tongue-in-cheek and proves just how frustrated Villa fans are with Lerner. Classing it as a 'vile death chant' is quite pathetic and just sums up the press in the country, and shame on the Birmingham Mail for completely missing the point and choosing the easy option and attacking the fans and not the owner. 

It's classic isn't it really.

Though we are well known for "dragging football back to the dark ages".

Not wishing to back Lerner in any kind of way here but wishing him dead? Really? We are better than that surely! Have no problem with singing Remi Garde's name, sack the board, boo etc but death chants/threats - not for me!  He wants out so why should he continue to put his own money into it? I get the protect your investment stuff but we did at least invest in the summer but obviously some of that investment was wasted. He wasn't the scout/scouts that suggested some of the playing duds! Perhaps they need to shoulder some of the blame? Finally, I also agree that his manager choices have not been great since he came but they too I think have let Lerner down. It's not one person to solely blame here but a catalogue of errors made by numerous people.

Did you just throw the word "threat" in there for effect?

• Like 2

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's classic isn't it really.

Though we are well known for "dragging football back to the dark ages".

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that then. Nonsense to suggest it's dragging us back to the dark ages. I was a fan in the 70s and 80s and know exactly what it was like back then. Enough of this OTT reactions and focus on the real cause of Villa's decline - Randy bloody Lerner. 

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that then. Nonsense to suggest it's dragging us back to the dark ages. I was a fan in the 70s and 80s and know exactly what it was like back then. Enough of this OTT reactions and focus on the real cause of Villa's decline - Randy bloody Lerner. 

I was referring to the reports of our "pitch invasion" last season.

Â