The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I didn't say they were the same? 

I'm just making it abundantly clear that there is no threat in the chant, nor were there any threats last night.

Except to Birmingham City fans. Which is again different, apparently. At least, those particular "vile death chants" have not been reported?

"Hi ho, hi ho, it's up the Holte we go

Hi ho, hi ho, it's up the Holte we go,

If you are a city fan surrender our you'll die,

We all follow the Villa"

For anyone not aware. Outrageous. So outrageous we've been singing it for 40 years without a single report dismissing us as animals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm just making it abundantly clear that there is no threat in the chant, nor were there any threats last night.

Except to Birmingham City fans. Which is again different, apparently. At least, those particular "vile death chants" have not been reported?

I made no reference to a specific chant nor last night! I wasn't there!! It is the Birmingham Mail who are stating that a chant was heard of "let's all have a party when Lerner is dead" or something to that effect.  The point I was trying to make and maybe poorly, is that I personally cannot condone death chants/threats (if any?) against an individual. 

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

"Hi ho, hi ho, it's up the Holte we go

Hi ho, hi ho, it's up the Holte we go,

If you are a city fan surrender our you'll die,

We all follow the Villa"

For anyone not aware. Outrageous. So outrageous we've been singing it for 40 years without a single report dismissing us as animals.

There are many other examples, 'let him let, him die' when a player gets injured for example.

I really think people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. I actually think hurling abuse at the coaches was more unsavoury such was the aggressive nature of it. 

We have been let down and run into ground, I don't think a few chants paint us a vicious animals. In fact my only surprise is that it has taken so long. 

I made no reference to a specific chant nor last night! I wasn't there!! It is the Birmingham Mail who are stating that a chant was heard of "let's all have a party when Lerner is dead" or something to that effect.  The point I was trying to make and maybe poorly, is that I personally cannot condone death chants/threats (if any?) against an individual. 

The conversation was specifically about the chants no? I was making it clear that there were no death threats last night. I thought I had made that clear in my last post? No point arguing about it.

It's;

"We're all having a party,

We're all having a party,

We're all having a partyyyyyy,

When Randy Lerner dies.

When Randy Lerner dies,

When Randy Lerner dies...."

Etc. To the tune of "now you better believe us, we're gonna win the league"

That was it, in a nutshell. No better or worse than hundreds of chants heard up and down the country every single week. Or jokes made by comedians, tongue in cheek comments made around the offices and building sites where most football fans earn the money to go watch their team. Though we appear to have a reputation now, we have become an easy target. I think "**** them" myself, though I appreciate others of a more delicate frame of mind feel differently.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Failed over a number of years.  Whats worse continues to make the same mistakes

The song wasn't very offensive. It's was just pretty pathetic; as are many other chants (including the surrender or you'll die one).  Saying you'll have a party when someone dies because of basically what's written in the quote above is ridiculous.

My team of rich football men will have to kick the spherical object around against a bunch of different rich football men next season, so not a lot changes really, but I'm so angry that the owner keeps **** up and has had enough of wasting money that I'll have a party when he dies.

People need to get a grip. 

22 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The song wasn't very offensive. It's was just pretty pathetic; as are many other chants (including the surrender or you'll die one).  Saying you'll have a party when someone dies because of basically what's written in the quote above is ridiculous.

My team of rich football men will have to kick the spherical object around against a bunch of different rich football men next season, so not a lot changes really, but I'm so angry that the owner keeps **** up and has had enough of wasting money that I'll have a party when he dies.

People need to get a grip. 

How frankly bizarre . Want to show how the quote of mine you refer to in anyway references or supports the notion of the aggressive chanting that is being spoken about? Oh that's right it doesn't . 

11 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Looking at that lot they are not the sort of people you would invite to a respectable do.

They are frustrated fans. 

Â