The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Confirming what OhioVilla has said on the previous page:

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner appears to be close to completing the sale of the Cleveland Browns for a price tag in excess of $1 billion.

It has been reported that American businessman Jimmy Haslam has agreed to buy the Browns in a two-part deal costing $700 million, then a further $300 million in the second phase of the purchase.

Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner recently insisted that Lerner remained committed to Villa despite his decision to sell the NFL franchise.

He added that Lerner is still very passionate about the club.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/08/03/aston-villa-randy-lerner-set-to-finalise-sale-of-cleveland-browns-for-over-1-billion-97319-31539209/]Birmingham Mail

God, some Americans are just suffocating...

Had a quick look on the Browns' forum, and there's posts like this...

RE: Randy

I'm happy the soccer fag is gone! Haslam should have saved a billion dollars and kicked his ass and taken the team from the little faggot.

:shock:

can't believe the hate in that Browns forum quote. Fair dues Randy has made a few mistakes at Villa and he has had a fair amount of stick for it but I don't think I've ever seen a Villa fan talk as badly as that about him, well out order. Hope this means he's a bit more around at Villa now and hopefully we'll get a bit more funds made available but not expecting any massive Man C style signings just yet, maybe a 10-15 mill forward would be nice though :) I like the approach we are taking at the moment, it seems measured and sensible, we are getting our house in order and I think long term it will only benefit us.

can't believe the hate in that Browns forum quote. Fair dues Randy has made a few mistakes at Villa and he has had a fair amount of stick for it but I don't think I've ever seen a Villa fan talk as badly as that about him, well out order.

He is more like their equivilent of Doug Ellis though and I have seen some very nasty things said about uncle Doug on this forum.

Not to mention the venom and abuse our last three managers have recieved on here.

I don't think we should be getting on our high horse.

can't believe the hate in that Browns forum quote. Fair dues Randy has made a few mistakes at Villa and he has had a fair amount of stick for it but I don't think I've ever seen a Villa fan talk as badly as that about him, well out order.

He is more like their equivilent of Doug Ellis though and I have seen some very nasty things said about uncle Doug on this forum.

Not to mention the venom and abuse our last three managers have recieved on here.

I don't think we should be getting on our high horse.

fair dues LondonLax... don't mean to be getting on a high horse, you're right all fans everywhere have their moments and Houllier especially did get some bad personal abuse if I remember rightly.

Just found that Browns quote ridiculous, that amount of hate and to wish violence on someone like that I find very sad.

God, some Americans are just suffocating...

Had a quick look on the Browns' forum, and there's posts like this...

RE: Randy

I'm happy the soccer fag is gone! Haslam should have saved a billion dollars and kicked his ass and taken the team from the little faggot.

:shock:

I read one of their forums years ago and whenever a Villa fan asked about Lerner/soccer they got shouted down and called a faggot, by a moderator!

Well I can explain the reasoning by the attitudes of Browns fans. They are basically the equivalent of Blue's fans if you compared them to Villa/Blues, and their rivals the Pittsburgh Steelers are like Villa. (Here is hoping no Browns fan reads that). Overall, their fan base seems to be full of deluded and bitter people, who clearly take a lot of the frustration out on our dear Randy. But in reality, Randy has tried throwing money at the Browns (as much as he can under the salary cap) and tried bringing in top perpsonnel from around the league, but none of it ever really seems to work, the NFL is certainly not as easy in terms of achieving success as say Football.

Well I can explain the reasoning by the attitudes of Browns fans. They are basically the equivalent of Blue's fans if you compared them to Villa/Blues, and their rivals the Pittsburgh Steelers are like Villa..

Steelers win stuff though!

Steelers are more like Man Utd

Â