The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Right now everyone connected with Villa is hurting badly.

A win was in sight last night against Bolton after a strong start and the tenacity the team displayed, although ultimately we weren't able to hold on for the points.

We very openly acknowledge the frustrations of Villa fans and share in them completely.

What matters to us and the Board at this moment is how we, as a Club, handle adversity and the pressure it brings.

Our horizon is the next three games and we continue to be in control of our own destiny.

Young players side-by-side with more senior players are fighting hard for the Club.

They are now preparing for West Brom followed by Spurs and Norwich.

We will continue to support and rely on our manager and the squad and therefore give them our full support.

We are totally conscious, as is everyone at the Club, that this is a very trying time for those who love Aston Villa.

We know that the team will continue to fight through every minute of the remaining games and we hope Villa fans will continue to show their great support.

Official statement from the club.

:lol:

I actually laughed at this shit.

As much as I hate Alex McLeish, I really do not think we should fire him right now.

The satisfaction of him leaving would be equivalent for a Chelsea-fan of winning the Champions League of course, but what the squad needs for the next three games is full focus on the pitch. They too would be pleased with him leaving, but in the immediate aftermath it would be difficult for any manager/caretaker to get 100% out of the players. 3 games is too short of a time to get a stable outcome of a new manager, even if it was Mourinho or Wenger so to speak. If a decision was to be made, it should have happened in February.

Again, I despise him and because he earns so much money I would never feel bad for saying exactly that. He gets enormous amounts of money for doing a job he is not shaped to perform, and if he is kicked he will get a sum near 20x what normal people make in a year. Nobody should feel bad for this man. Football at this level is business, and he is our leader. If at any other sector, he would be fired.

Well bugger me sideways and call me Gary. A statement that says **** all and, after 35 games and 36 points, not a second too late! I'm now placated.

Randy IN! McLeish IN!

It's so reassuring to know that they understand how we feel. Come on guys, let's just grit our teeth and get behind the lads to make sure we stay in the division! Yay!

no_angry_rage_face_rageface_meme_comic_poster-rd42fad1180ca493e98b76e9a2a4bc1a2_a21y_328.jpg

Oh its attributed to both of them, they obvious used their combined brain capacity and the 20 odd hours since last nights result to put that masterpiece of PR bullshit together. I'm surprised it wasn't published with a picture of Lerner's supposed tattoo.

Time to fire up the Falcon, Lerner and disappear over the horizon.....permanently. You've amused yourself for a while, now have'nt you got some Browns fans to totally piss off?

And take tweedle dee and tweedle dum with you.

Our horizon is the next three games and we continue to be in control of our own destiny.

I read this as "after the three matches, we will sack McLeish, but please support the team in the matches that are vital for our club".

Â