The Randy Lerner thread

CI

20 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

From what we are told though, Randy is not a motivated seller. How do we make him motivated?

He isn't and we will just have to wait till he feels he has got enough back. At the end of the day when he goes, the club and fans are the ones who have suffered. He doesn't care.

i expect Krulak to open his mouth soon, the gobshite.

He does have us by the short and curlies.

Best way to 'make' him sell would be to literally stop giving the club any more by not going to games or by merchandise.

Issue is then that the club will have even less income whilst his asking price will no doubt stay the same.

• Like 1

The papers are all over him this morning. Amazing how the main papers have gone from accusing the fans of being shambolic to realising there's something dodgy about how this club is run. He continues to hide behind the managers who - as Remi showed yesterday - can't tell us enough.

If it wasn't before, it's public knowledge that this is a club in crisis. The repetitional damage being done to the club means that the asking price is clearly unrealistic. He needs to cut his losses and sell cheap. I'd even be willing for him to still hold a minority stake in the club through an equity payoff in exchange for him leaving. At least then, he could get some money back without having to back the club (or not) in the short term. 

He's on a fool's errand. We can't win, he can't win. At least the biblical Shunammite was described as beautiful: Randy is turning the club into a hideous zombie. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd be very surprised if we weren't rock bottom for net spend of all ever present clubs since Lambert took over.

Very possibly. But we'd most likely be top in the managerial appointment/dismissal compensation payout league.

Have some of that, Arsenal!!!

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

He isn't and we will just have to wait till he feels he has got enough back. At the end of the day when he goes, the club and fans are the ones who have suffered. He doesn't care.

i expect Krulak to open his mouth soon, the gobshite.

He'll tell us of how he was in some battle and how that equates to our situation.

Except the American military are the best funded and go in with support from the top, don't they!

They don't hang the Generals out to dry in the middle of war. We're pretty much as far away from his analogy that we could be

• Like 1

Club is owned and run by charlatans,  yes men and sycophants all too arrogant and out of touch to realise they are wrong and do not have the answers and too uncaring to actually give a shit about that.  

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

He does have us by the short and curlies.

Best way to 'make' him sell would be to literally stop giving the club any more by not going to games or by merchandise.

Issue is then that the club will have even less income whilst his asking price will no doubt stay the same.

Yeah this is the problem, by protesting that way the club is damaged even more. I guess the only way to get the point across is to support the team and manager during the match, but afterwards regardless of the result stage a sit in protest with Anti Lerner Banners at the ground. That usually gets the attention of the press, which in turn will turn up the heat on Lerner as news will get to him. Getting fans to do that would take a lot of organising though, and I'm not sure of the legality of doing that ie. do fans risk banning order or arrest?

Tony Adams is waiting in the wings for a cheap high profile club.........

The transfer committee has failed big time, our new chairman says it all by saying nothing , its a mess bit its our mess.

Other clubs have gone down and not abandoned their team for matches by not turning up, if we beat West Ham then everything changes.......we won't but if we did . 

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Everyone - like 42,000 of us - should go to the reserve games and get fanatical about supporting the kids, by the same token, no one should attend the PL games.

That way, we don't line his pockets, but we demonstrate that we still support the players - potentially our future players.  The media then couldn't accuse us of not supporting the club, and would again focus on our protest against the money men.  Make banners with Lerner's face with a cross through, hold bed sheets up - just do anything to go against the regime. 

I really like this idea. 

• Like 3

Â