The Randy Lerner thread

CI

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Only a matter of time til they change the name to just Bodymoor as we can no longer be bothered to pay for the Heat(h)

There's no way they will allow Moor to be in the title ;-)  and we all know we cant get a body in so we really are ****

White flags at all games for the rest of the season? a pillow case would probably do. Remi and some of the players deserve support, protests need to be aimed directly at the board who appear to have given up on the club.

• Like 2

Just now, a m ole said:

White flags at all games for the rest of the season? a pillow case would probably do. Remi and some of the players deserve support, protests need to be aimed directly at the board who appear to have given up on the club.

The media would spin that as an attack on Garde and the players.

Just now, a m ole said:

The booing has been aimed at players and managers for far far too long, allowing the word removed to ruin us.

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

Fans need to stick together and boycott every game, the club and players have given up so why should we give them our hard earned money?

I understand and share your anger but I'm not sure how this works

We don't go between now and the end of the season - this impacts our ability to do something in the summer - we do little in the summer and more supporters join the boycott etc etc

Go,  dont go.  It will not matter one jot to Lerner et al,  save to give him another excuse not to invest,  not that your ticket money contributes anyway.

You want to hurt lerner,  you want him gone? You need to do something more and bigger and easy for the apathetic majority of the fanbase to join in with.  Not going,  or going does not matter one bit anymore

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Go,  dont go.  It will not matter one jot to Lerner et al,  save to give him another excuse not to invest,  not that your ticket money contributes anyway.

You want to hurt lerner,  you want him gone? You need to do something more and bigger and easy for the apathetic majority of the fanbase to join in with.  Not going,  or going does not matter one bit anymore

I think ticket money will be a much bigger deal in the Championship

What action do you think would be effective?

• Like 2

Look forward to him having to sell us for **** all and him losing more of his daddys money

Utter muppet of the highest order the only way forward his for him to go.He is toxic to everything within the club every major decision he makes is wrong.I just hope that some one sees us for the potential we have and buys us next season.

It probably won't happen but I've often thought that potential buyers have just been waiting for us to go down so they can buy us then. I mean, we've been heading in that direction for years now and Lerner will inevitably have to lower his asking price when we do go down.

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Look forward to him having to sell us for **** all and him losing more of his daddys money

Utter muppet of the highest order the only way forward his for him to go.He is toxic to everything within the club every major decision he makes is wrong.I just hope that some one sees us for the potential we have and buys us next season.

This begs the question as to how much leverage Lerner has secured against the football club.

It probably won't happen but I've often thought that potential buyers have just been waiting for us to go down so they can buy us then. I mean, we've been heading in that direction for years now and Lerner will inevitably have to lower his asking price when we do go down.

I think your are on to something.Look at the recent clubs purchases they are from championship you get team alot cheaper and with good invesment you can be promoted and grow the club organicaly , ie your not spending 150 to 200 mil on Villa who need a squad overhaul whilst saddled with over paid players who wont leave.

Watford ,Leicester and Bournmouth all fairly recent ownership changes.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Let's hope that this is our silver lining. 

5 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Sorry, not sure what you mean?

I'm pretty shit at corporate finance but it's unlikely that all the 'money' he has put in has been out of benevolence, more likely he has 'loaned' the money to the club, so if he has to flog us at a knock off price the club could still well be on the hook. Although I stand to be corrected.

EDIT: I realise I phrased the initial post wrong but can't be arsed to correct it.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm pretty shit at corporate finance but it's unlikely that all the 'money' he has put in has been out of benevolence, more likely he has 'loaned' the money to the club, so if he has to flog us at a knock off price the club could still well be on the hook. Although I stand to be corrected.

If he wants to sell he will be doing so at a massive loss - He will get whatever the market price is.  No-one buying the club would be willing to repay losses that Lerner has incurred over the last ten years. I think he will be lucky to get back much more than he paid for it

Also, PR-wise it would be much better for new owners to take over when we've just been relegated. Getting us back up again shouldn't be too difficult a job with investment and they'll be the saviours in the eyes of the fans.

2 hours ago, sne said:

So I'm guessing next season will be another one of those famous "transition seasons"?

Yep. Hollis and Lerner out! They are here to asset strip and feather their own nests. Give them hell boys!

• Like 1

Â