The Randy Lerner thread

CI

It was said protests against Lerner wouldn't work as Lerner wants out.

delph recently said he sees the owner being here for a long time and fox said he's not a motivated seller.

The future doesn't look bright then if Lerner has now changed his mind from his summer plans.

Fox has actually confirmed that Lerner still wants out by calling him a seller at all. He's not going to say something like Randy is really motivated to get rid of the club. I don't think it's any coincident that Fox has come out with this not long after the latest takeover rumours either. I think they're trying to portray an image of a settled club as much as possible, until the season is over

The club has got to be self sustainable now?

N'Zogbia, Bent and Given adding 175k a week to the wage bill isn't helping. I'm not sure how much Derby are covering. Not a fat lot!

Clear those 3 off the wage bill and you are looking at what we've spent on transfer fees and wages this summer, plus 9m. Plus the extra TV revenue. There will be no excuse for not investing more heavily in the squad over the next few seasons.

In fairness to Lambert, he's built a very decent looking squad on paper. It makes the results even more frustrating!

If we were comfortably mid table and beating teams we should be beating, the whole place would be a lot more up beat.

It's not a surprise Lerner is fed up either, the figure spent on wages (and still being spent) under O'Neil, Houlier and Mcleish is eye watering.

What is the most Lambert has paid a new signing? 30k?   

• Like 1

He's not motivated because no one wants to pay what he wants for us.

He needs Fox to get us at a revenue level and Lambert at a football level whereby he can get £200m for us.

If anybody looked at the last few years of accounts and saw the losses and then our league position no sane person would see a good investment. Hopefully we are now self sufficient and with Fox creating increased revenue we can spend more without losing money which will move us up the table thus making us more appealing to new owners.

It seems a lot of fans bemoan Lerners loyalty to Lambert but it's that same trait that has made Delph resign.

I think saying Lerner was not a "motivated selle"r was merely trying to say he IS interested whilst he is still the owner of the club. 

Whether that's true or not, who's to know.

I don't think it means that Lerner isn't trying to sell the club, just that he's not absolutely desperate to get rid of it.

Which, when you think about it, is probably a good thing.

Edited by Stevo985

He's continuing to take a massive gamble with our future (and the future of his investment).

By choosing to neither back or sack his manager, he is just leaving us in limbo and hoping there a three worse teams than us (again)

Amazes me that this thread often slips to page 2/3 while the manager gets called every name under the sun on an almost daily basis.

Lerner should be the subject of people's anger - blame the puppet master, not the puppet.

• Like 2

Wonder what the value of the club will be if/when we get relegated.?

How much will have to be spent to get us promotion at the first attempt?

We can sell off the good players for decent money and then rebuild with players from leagues one and two. 

50m in, 5m out.

If you were Lerner would you give Lambert any more money ?

His purchases are fine but results get worse.

Why would you give him even more ?

If we could combine lambos buying with mons ability to get the most out of players we might get somewhere !

If you were Lerner would you give Lambert any more money ?

His purchases are fine but results get worse.

Why would you give him even more ?

If we could combine lambos buying with mons ability to get the most out of players we might get somewhere !

Trouble is it's not like his results have all of a sudden got worse. They've been dire for months so if he didn't want to back Lambert he should have sacked him and brought a manager he wanted to back into the club.

Trouble is it's not like his results have all of a sudden got worse. They've been dire for months so if he didn't want to back Lambert he should have sacked him and brought a manager he wanted to back into the club.

It's hard to do that when you just gave him a 4 year contract and need to swallow your pride (and pay compensation) to axe him.

It's hard to do that when you just gave him a 4 year contract and need to swallow your pride (and pay compensation) to axe him.

True i guess. Randy will be left counting the cost of relegation at this rate. Good luck with getting back the £60 million he paid for us never mind a profit if we go down!

He's continuing to take a massive gamble with our future (and the future of his investment).

By choosing to neither back or sack his manager, he is just leaving us in limbo and hoping there a three worse teams than us (again)

Amazes me that this thread often slips to page 2/3 while the manager gets called every name under the sun on an almost daily basis.

Lerner should be the subject of people's anger - blame the puppet master, not the puppet.

I don't see Lambert as blameless,  but what you're saying about Randy Lerner is unquestionably true -- and it almost can't be said enough.

I know quite a few people who support the Cleveland Browns back in the States, and the years of Randy Lerner's inherited ownership were marked by profound frustration, helplessness, and a sense of things standing still. His rep is one of a "do-nothing" owner who stands back, buys a few things, and watches and waits and silently hopes for the best. The Browns' record under Randy Lerner ranged from mediocre to failure with one semi-bright year. They achieved nothing special, but of course, in the NFL you can't get relegated, so the risk of real failure is lower. Most Browns fans were happy to see him go after a decade of mediocrity. From what I can see at Villa, Lerner's ownership has been slightly less successful than his time with Cleveland. He hasn't got us relegated yet, but you can smell it in the air. 

AVFC supporters need to turn up the heat on Lerner's ownership and press him to sell. The efforts should be organized, dignified, and polite -- that will speak to Lerner more than yobbish howls and vulgarity. It shouldn't be personal. It should be presented more as a kind of "thanks for the good times, but we really need a different owner for this particular club now" sort of proposal and it should be VERY public. A steady, growing, fair-minded, widely publicized groundswell of pressure is the only way, IMHO.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 2

I think saying Lerner was not a "motivated selle"r was merely trying to say he IS interested whilst he is still the owner of the club. 

Whether that's true or not, who's to know.

I don't think it means that Lerner isn't trying to sell the club, just that he's not absolutely desperate to get rid of it.

Which, when you think about it, is probably a good thing.

To me ``not a motivated seller'' means he is not actively trying to sell the club, but will consider selling it if someone makes him an offer.

Â