Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Houllier would never have been as radical as lambert or have facilitated a one team all together atmosphere. Both of those things were desperately needed at this club.

He was never the right man and looking back now with rosé tinted glasses on his time here is not right.

As for Mcduff I think Lerner must have watched trading places the day he appointed him

Actually, in many ways I think Houllier's season with us has been almost mirrored this season with Lambert. Transition. Average/poor start, absolutely dreadful Christmas/new year period in which we found ourselves flirting with relegation before picking up towards the end of the season with some promising signs for the future. This season's basically been a more extreme version of 10/11. We've come a lot closer to relegation and at times been worse than we ever were under Houllier but at the same time there are some really promising signs that weren't there even toward the end of Houllier's reign.

Obviously there are some key differences but both seasons have struck me as transition seasons. Last seaosn on the other hand was just dreadful with no redeeming features. I could see what Houllier was trying to do and I can see what Lambert is doing but I don't know what the **** McLeish was doing and I still can't get my head round that appointment.

Nail. On. Head.

What ever happened to Wiz?

I do miss Wiz insisting Lambert will dump us after any amount of success. It got me concerned after recent back-to-back wins.

Ah old Wiz,  a strange chap for sure, well done on your win at our place, now we're left hoping Wigan lose.

I think Paul Lambert will be with you a while yet btw. ;)

Edited by Son Of Wiz

I think Sylla is comfortably better than Delph. I think he's been key to our run of good games.

Baker is our best CB by far

How you think Baker is Better than Vlaar is beyond baffling.

Simples. Vlaar gets caught out a lot more than Baker

Couldn't disagree more to be honest.

Baker's got potential, but getting caught out of position is one of his big weaknesses at the moment. He often recovers with huge leaping tackles that look great, but I don't think he should be in those positions in the first place.

Vlaar is no world beater, but he's the best CB at the club at the moment.

Baker (and probably Clark too to be honest) has the potential to overtake him for sure, but he's not there yet.

Can I know what the fans sing to lambert ? Some of tge chants I could understand .. but some of them I just make my voice with tune lol ..

'Paul Lambert's claret and blue army'

'Lambert give us a wave'

Are the main 2.

we couldve used a sub for Weimann but by the time it became apparent he was gassed we were already down. in hindsight its easy to say we shouldve subbed but there werent any players who were in obvious need of a replacement. one might say Bent shouldve been brought on but it wouldve required either A. subbing one of Gabby/Andi, moving the other up front and sacrificing our width in the process, or B. taking off one of Delph/Westwood/Sylla who were all having terrific games and which would've left the midfield completely exposed for Hazard/Mata to run roughshod.

Lambert was really put in a pickle after the Benteke sending off. I was a little miffed at the time, wondering where the subs were, but there wasnt a good one to make IMO, at least from a tactical/performance standpoint

Edit: All that being said, Weimann flubbed at least one good opportunity in the waning moments that I think NZog could've worked some magic with. I won't begrudge those on VP for being pissed that Lambert didnt make a change there

Edited by Caddy

To be honest, I think he was playing for the point, hence no substitutions.

Maybe could have sent Bent on after we were down but I imagine there's not a lot of game planning for 10v10 situations.

I can also see putting Charles on but both of those potential substitutions would just be straight swaps.