Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We won the game today, which was brilliant, but we did not play well and we did not create many chances. We didn't control the game and we won because of a penalty and a free-kick. The law of average determines we should win these once in a while, especially against a lacklustre team like West Ham who did very little to punish us like other teams have done.

So cudos for the three points, but the game itself was poor and the involvement of Jordan Bowery was just strange management. One of the most important games for us and he uses an un-used striker as a winger? It was one of those matches where Holman could have been useful, but he was nowhere to be seen. We are just so starved for winning that we will applaud the manager regardless it seems :)

If i was Paul Lambert with this 2 week break:

I'd take the first team squad away to a sunny location (Spain) and have 4 days away. Maybe even longer and do some training in the sun.

Get them back to the UK fully rested and recovered. Hopefully some of the injured lads will have time to get fit again (CNZ and Gabby to get fit again please) 

If i was Paul Lambert with this 2 week break:

I'd take the first team squad away to a sunny location (Spain) and have 4 days away. Maybe even longer and do some training in the sun.

Get them back to the UK fully rested and recovered. Hopefully some of the injured lads will have time to get fit again (CNZ and Gabby to get fit again please) 

can we afford it?

Maybe not the right match for bowery today, but I do think he showed glimpses of what he can become today. 

For the most part he got it right today, no complaints for me. Did mostly what I would have done this match, so thumbs up. Imagine if it was holman starting on the right there, oh god. 

Were you talking about today?

Yes, I noticed that I wrote that wrong..I meant what he can become someday 

I'm still not sure what goes through Lambert's head sometimes. He throws in Bowery from nowhere and puts Baker wide in a change to a back 4. He won't die wondering, will he?

Ballsy move. Credit where it is due - he got it right today.

Maybe not the right match for bowery today, but I do think he showed glimpses of what he can become today. 

For the most part he got it right today, no complaints for me. Did mostly what I would have done this match, so thumbs up. Imagine if it was holman starting on the right there, oh god. 

Barry Bannan posts on his own thread.

I think Bowery also posts at VT now.

He had the touch of a League Two player, and looked well out of his depth. I think there was one move in which he did well. The rest of the time he was either anonymous or lacking composure.

I thought Bowery was in the squad primarily to help out the defence on set-pieces. So I can understand his inclusion, though, a winger is something Bowery is definitely not. Had Gabby been fit he would have been the obvious choice. 

I'm still not sure what goes through Lambert's head sometimes. He throws in Bowery from nowhere and puts Baker wide in a change to a back 4. He won't die wondering, will he?

He got it right when he took Bowery off, before that he was gash and we may as well have played with 10 men.

He got it right when he took Bowery off, before that he was gash and we may as well have played with 10 men.

Think thats a little unfair on the lad. Ok, he was completely out of his depth but he worked hard and got back and helped the team out.

Strange selection. Could'nt have done the lad any favours either.

I take you've not been "impressed" with Bowery's little cameos? Most people seem to have been. I have been.

The only other option was to move N'Zogbia out wide and bring Ireland or Holman in or go with Dawkins, a lad who has never kicked a ball for us. Unless I'm missing something?

He earned his chance, he didn't take it. That doesn't make it strange. 

Bowery wasn't involved much but I thought he was neat and tidy in terms of when he had the ball. He also did a lot of tracking back. He was out of position but did a job for the team. I have no problem with that or given the choices available, due to Gabby pulling out last minute, Lamberts decision to pick him.