Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I think if we are deep in the shit come Christmas time then Lerner will give him a blank cheque.

I'm not convinced PL will sign the players wee need though.

The red card cost us big time, that coupled with our weak midfield gave Norwich a field day possession wise, thankfully they are not a clinical team at all otherwise we'd have lost given how much of the ball they had and the positions they got into.

I really don't know what Lambert should have done after the red. Arguably taking off Benteke wasn't the right move but I don't at all see how that cost us the game. Benteke was looking a tad tired and certainly had a hard battle against 4 defenders after the red card. Unfortunately he was replaced by someone who clearly can't be arsed.

Lambert has the unenviable record of the worst start in 43 years, even McLeish & Houllier didn't cause that much heartache, his man management will be the teams undoing, he is playing a team of strangers, they look so out of sorts, can't string a pass together and don't talk to each other, the Norwich equaliser was a perfect example, Delph not concentrating & Albrighton not doing his job on the post, basics

We need some creativity in our team and fast. Playing a midfield of Delph and KEA against Norwich is woeful. No Bannan, no Ireland and no CNZ. Granted CNZ has been cack of late but to have little to no creativity in the team is pointless. What the hell was the point of playing Albrighton? He can't cross, he can't dribble and he looks like he has no idea how to actually play football.

Lambert has made some good decisions this seasons, particularly picking Guzan over Given. However, his team selection from midfield to attack has been bizarre at times. It's almost as if he doesn't know his best team, which is a worry.

If he has been told to get rid of the high earners in the squad (Ireland, CNZ, Given and Bent) I can only see us getting relegated this season as our team is already massively inexperienced and signing more players in January may not be the season saving action some people think it is. At this rate we need at least 5 players in Jan (LB, CB, DM, ACM, Winger) plus a striker if Bent leaves and there is no way Lambert would be able to integrate that many players quickly into the team.

My big concern though is why spend £2m on someone like Westwood, and then never play him. If we had a Diame in front of the back 4 our whole team would be given a huge lift, but sadly we are stuck with crap CM's who can't tackle, pass or shoot.

trouble is we all mistakenly believe the hype that we are a young side and will improve, lets be realistic, who in this team of average players will get better, they can not even make a 5 yard pass under pressure, no player runs at the opposition and creates mistakes, no players are moving to find space, they are championship average players at best, we will not get better until we buy better players, We are now having the result of the total miss management come to fruition, the future is bleak. we will be relegated and deservedly so.

We need some creativity in our team and fast. Playing a midfield of Delph and KEA against Norwich is woeful. No Bannan, no Ireland and no CNZ. Granted CNZ has been cack of late but to have little to no creativity in the team is pointless. What the hell was the point of playing Albrighton? He can't cross, he can't dribble and he looks like he has no idea how to actually play football.

Lambert has made some good decisions this seasons, particularly picking Guzan over Given. However, his team selection from midfield to attack has been bizarre at times. It's almost as if he doesn't know his best team, which is a worry.

If he has been told to get rid of the high earners in the squad (Ireland, CNZ, Given and Bent) I can only see us getting relegated this season as our team is already massively inexperienced and signing more players in January may not be the season saving action some people think it is. At this rate we need at least 5 players in Jan (LB, CB, DM, ACM, Winger) plus a striker if Bent leaves and there is no way Lambert would be able to integrate that many players quickly into the team.

My big concern though is why spend £2m on someone like Westwood, and then never play him. If we had a Diame in front of the back 4 our whole team would be given a huge lift, but sadly we are stuck with crap CM's who can't tackle, pass or shoot.

I think Lambert should try 3 at the back in the next game

------------------------guzan----------------------

------------------------vlaar------------------------

------------lowton---------------herd-------------

hutton--------KEA----------delph---------nzogbia

-----------------------ireland-----------------------

----------------bent----------benteke---------------

subs:given, warnock, allbrighton, gabby, wiemann, westwood, carruthers

His subs baffled me today, should have taken off albrighton, all he kept doing was giving the ball away, same with delph, we really are in the shit this season

Yep agree.... Benteke looked confused that he had to come off as well... Albrighton off with gabby wide...

The midfield is a major problem and money needs to be spent there.I think 5 man midfield is the way to go we need to hold the ball.Currently out CM are not able to control a game and the wide players lack the speed and skill to be effective.If are going to play narrow we need another body in there.

IMO we didn't look any different to last season ..

Any manaher is going to struggle to make something out of this midfield.

He should have bought somebody decent to play there then, instead off all the sub-standard chaff he thought would be good enough.

It's so obvious we need to play 5 in midfield. Think it's too late now. We have to do what Everton do most seasons and have a brilliant second half to the season, though, I don't think we will. I really wanted Lambert at the club, but his tactical decisions have me doubting him now.

He got the team, tactics and substitutions all wrong today....and some of his signings are being found out (KEA in particular just isn't good enough)

Very worrying times with the fixtures ahead of us